September 5, 2017
Dear Experian, I just opened a new credit card and I’m trying to learn more about how credit cards affect my credit score. I believe I have four credit...
May 18, 2017
Dear Experian, How does being an authorized user affect my credit? The account is in good standing and has a long history, but a high — 85 percent —...
April 20, 2017
Dear Experian, My credit score is excellent, but I want the highest score that is available. What is the highest credit score possible? – BHB Dear BHB, The highest...
May 19, 2014
Dear Experian, Can closing a few of my department store credit card accounts affect my credit scores if I have established good credit and have high credit scores? My husband...
October 30, 2013
Dear Experian, How can "too few accounts currently paid as agreed" be a reason for an adverse effect on my credit score when I currently have no unpaid accounts? - MIJ
October 30, 2013
Dear Experian, I have been led to believe that a component of one's overall credit score is the ratio of current credit card balances to one's total available credit. If...
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, I recently had an account deleted from my credit report. Why didn’t my credit score go up? - ENS
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, My credit score came back with a statement saying, "too few accounts paid as agreed." I was wondering what that means since I have never paid an account...
June 5, 2013
Dear Experian, Why does closing a credit card you are no longer using negatively affect your credit? - VNO
May 8, 2013
Dear Experian, Recently we were told my husband’s credit report with Experian was not reporting and that his credit score is not available. We received a message that says “Factor...
April 24, 2013
Dear Experian, Do items on my credit report in which I am listed as an "authorized user" contribute to my score? - DRH
November 21, 2012
Dear Experian, I was looking at my credit report and it stated, "You do not have a mortgage account in good standing.” What does this mean? I do not own...
July 4, 2012
Dear Experian, Will checking my own credit report through Experian lower my score? - MZN
February 15, 2012
Dear Experian, My credit report says my score is reduced because I have no revolving credit accounts. Would it help my score to apply for and use a credit card? -...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported