May 18, 2017
Dear Experian, How does being an authorized user affect my credit? The account is in good standing and has a long history, but a high — 85 percent —...
April 20, 2017
Dear Experian, My credit score is excellent, but I want the highest score that is available. What is the highest credit score possible? – BHB Dear BHB, The highest...
September 1, 2016
Dear Experian, I just opened a new credit card and I’m trying to learn more about how credit cards affect my credit score. I believe I have four credit cards...
July 2, 2014
Dear Experian, I have one credit card with a zero balance and a $10,000 limit. Will my credit score be hurt if I reduce my limit to $5,000? - CGC
May 19, 2014
Dear Experian, Can closing a few of my department store credit card accounts affect my credit scores if I have established good credit and have high credit scores? My husband...
May 2, 2014
Dear Experian, My credit score factors say “amount owed on revolving accounts is too high,” but I pay the balances off every month. I make more than $1 million per...
March 28, 2014
Dear Experian, What is the appropriate balance-to-limit or debt-to-income ratio? I do not maintain a balance on my credit cards but worry that I have credit limits that are too...
February 26, 2014
Dear Experian, I only have one debt which is less than $1,000. I also have two credit cards. Together they have a balance of about $2,000 each month, but I...
October 30, 2013
Dear Experian, How can "too few accounts currently paid as agreed" be a reason for an adverse effect on my credit score when I currently have no unpaid accounts? - MIJ
October 30, 2013
Dear Experian, I have been led to believe that a component of one's overall credit score is the ratio of current credit card balances to one's total available credit. If...
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, I recently had an account deleted from my credit report. Why didn’t my credit score go up? - ENS
August 29, 2013
Dear Experian, Recently, I was told that my proportion of balances to credit limits is high. If I keep making payments to my credit card and keep my statement balance...
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, My credit score came back with a statement saying, "too few accounts paid as agreed." I was wondering what that means since I have never paid an account...
June 5, 2013
Dear Experian, Why does closing a credit card you are no longer using negatively affect your credit? - VNO
May 8, 2013
Dear Experian, Recently we were told my husband’s credit report with Experian was not reporting and that his credit score is not available. We received a message that says “Factor...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score