June 20, 2017
Dear Experian, In the event of a family member or spouse’s death, who becomes responsible for the deceased’s debt? What if there is no insurance or money left by...
March 13, 2015
Dear Experian, My mother died recently, how do I get her information into your data bank? - PWG
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, What happens to your credit file when you die? Does the file get closed right away, or does it stay open for a period of time? - THB
August 14, 2013
Dear Experian, Where can I fax a death certificate so the individual's report can be flagged appropriately? - TBW
September 12, 2012
Dear Experian, I am the personal representative for my brother's estate. I'm trying to identify his active credit accounts so that I can compile a list of creditors for the...
February 29, 2012
Dear Experian, How do we notify you of the death of a relative, and how do we obtain a credit report for this relative so we can file probate papers? -...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score