October 17, 2017
Dear Experian, When you place a security freeze on your account, what prevents lenders or creditors from using another credit reporting agency to view your credit report? Will the...
October 5, 2017
Dear Experian, A bank notified me that an online account was opened using my personal information. I did not open this account and informed the bank of same. They...
June 27, 2017
Dear Experian, I cannot access my credit report online. I was asked several security questions about accounts I did not recognize. I have the form to request the report...
June 22, 2017
Dear Experian, How do I add a fraud statement to my credit report? I want to warn creditors that I have recently been a victim of identity theft and...
June 15, 2017
Dear Experian, I have two items on my credit report that I am not familiar with. I do not know what these entries are for. What should I do?...
June 6, 2017
Dear Experian, I received a letter from Experian today stating that within the last 30 days, changes to my name, address, or Social Security number were reported to you...
December 14, 2016
Dear Experian, My handbag was stolen recently and with it I lost my license, our Social Security numbers, etc. I am planning to put a credit freeze on my...
September 27, 2016
Dear Experian, I just filed an initial fraud alert with another credit bureau. Do I need to file an additional report with you? – DRP Dear DRP, No, you...
September 15, 2016
Dear Experian, I have lost my Social Security card. Should I implement a fraud alert? What should I do next to protect myself from identity theft? – AHT Dear...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, If I have thawed my credit, how long before I can apply for credit and it will be accessible? - SME
July 14, 2016
Dear Experian, I had my wallet stolen. My entire life was in my wallet including a check book, my Social Security card, driver's license, identification and passwords to all my...
July 14, 2016
Dear Experian, I believe my daughter’s father is using her Social Security number for electricity, gas, water, phone and credit cards. How do I find out? - CKY
July 13, 2016
Dear Experian, How do I get a fraud alert removed from my credit report? - DIB
January 18, 2016
Dear Experian, My fiancé is incarcerated and he wants a copy of his credit report. What can I do to help him get one? We have tried the www.annualcreditreport.com site...
December 27, 2015
Dear Experian, I want fraud protection, but I also want to know my FICO score and have credit monitoring. Is there a program that I can get all of that? ...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported