August 3, 2017
Dear Experian, Do student loans affect your credit scores? If so how are they used in the calculation? – LBC Dear LBC, Student loans affect your credit report and...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I am trying to get a student loan, but my parent's refuse to cosign because they fear cosigning for my student loan will affect their credit score, thus...
August 20, 2015
Dear Experian, I have an account number that was reported late for student loans. I did not realize the amount due had changed, so I continued to send the...
March 27, 2014
Dear Experian, My student loans are affecting my credit. Why? - NCB
January 1, 2014
Dear Experian, I have student loans on my report with different amounts but the same account number. They are all under accounts in good standing. I think that they are...
December 4, 2013
Dear Experian, I co-signed college loans for my children. They are now both out of school, working and re-paying the student loans on time with no delinquencies. I would like...
September 27, 2013
Dear Experian, How long does it take after student loans are out of deferment for them to show up on a credit report? - LSM
August 2, 2013
Dear Experian, Does it look bad to lenders checking your credit if student loans show up as several different loans? In other words, why consolidate? - SAR
April 24, 2013
Dear Experian, My daughter is trying to get her first credit card as a college student. They have denied her based on a credit report from you. How can a...
January 2, 2013
Dear Experian, On one of my student loan accounts this was posted: “Government Claim/Insurance Claim.” What does that mean? - RSC
November 21, 2012
Dear Experian, My student loans were consolidated into a new loan. My old student loans now state “closed/paid collection” and, “Claim filed with government for insured portion of balance on...
November 7, 2012
Dear Experian, I recently consolidated my student loans with one vendor, but all my other accounts still appear on my credit report. It says it has been transferred, but I...
October 24, 2012
Dear Experian, Will cosigning a student loan hurt my chances of receiving a car loan in the future? -SWK
August 29, 2012
Dear Experian, What should I do if I cannot be found in your system? I am trying to obtain a credit report since I have just graduated college and would...
September 28, 2011
Dear Experian, My daughter applied for a student credit card but was turned down due to insufficient income and excessive obligation. She had no previous credit history. Does this create...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score