August 3, 2017
Dear Experian, Do student loans affect your credit scores? If so how are they used in the calculation? – LBC Dear LBC, Student loans affect your credit report and...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I am trying to get a student loan, but my parent's refuse to cosign because they fear cosigning for my student loan will affect their credit score, thus...
August 20, 2015
Dear Experian, I have an account number that was reported late for student loans. I did not realize the amount due had changed, so I continued to send the...
March 27, 2014
Dear Experian, My student loans are affecting my credit. Why? - NCB
January 1, 2014
Dear Experian, I have student loans on my report with different amounts but the same account number. They are all under accounts in good standing. I think that they are...
December 4, 2013
Dear Experian, I co-signed college loans for my children. They are now both out of school, working and re-paying the student loans on time with no delinquencies. I would like...
September 27, 2013
Dear Experian, How long does it take after student loans are out of deferment for them to show up on a credit report? - LSM
August 2, 2013
Dear Experian, Does it look bad to lenders checking your credit if student loans show up as several different loans? In other words, why consolidate? - SAR
April 24, 2013
Dear Experian, My daughter is trying to get her first credit card as a college student. They have denied her based on a credit report from you. How can a...
January 2, 2013
Dear Experian, On one of my student loan accounts this was posted: “Government Claim/Insurance Claim.” What does that mean? - RSC
November 21, 2012
Dear Experian, My student loans were consolidated into a new loan. My old student loans now state “closed/paid collection” and, “Claim filed with government for insured portion of balance on...
August 29, 2012
Dear Experian, What should I do if I cannot be found in your system? I am trying to obtain a credit report since I have just graduated college and would...
August 17, 2011
Dear Experian, My student loans were consolidated into a new loan. Both the new loan and all of the old loans are on my credit report. The old loans say...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported