Here is a list of how long the most common items remain in a credit report:
- Late payments: 7 years from the original delinquency date
- Civil judgements: 7 years from the filing date
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: 10 years from the filing date
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: 7 years from the filing date
- Open, positive accounts: indefinitely
- Closed, positive accounts with no negative history: 10 years from closed date
Check out the scope to hear answers to all the questions asked:
Do you have questions about credit?
Join our live video chat every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:30 p.m. ET on Periscope. Rod Griffin, Director of Public Education at Experian, is available to answer your questions live.
Scoped on: 08/11/2016