June 20, 2017
Dear Experian, In the event of a family member or spouse’s death, who becomes responsible for the deceased’s debt? What if there is no insurance or money left by...
May 16, 2017
Dear Experian, My credit score is very low. I have no credit history other than recent hospital bills on my credit report. I get denied for everything: bank loans,...
May 4, 2017
Dear Experian, I’m trying to establish a positive credit history. I’ve been paying my power bill and my telecommunications, internet and cable bills on time every month for over...
February 6, 2017
Join our chat with Elle Martinez of Couple Money to learn more about how she recommends people start having a couples' money chat – and when.
January 17, 2017
Dear Readers, We are sometimes asked whether leasing a car can help you build credit and the answer is, yes it can. In terms of credit reports and credit...
November 22, 2016
Dear Experian, I took out a car loan to help build my credit. I was thinking about paying if off in February. I would have had the loan for...
November 10, 2016
Dear Experian, I was divorced in 2007. My husband kept the mortgage and stayed in the home. I was removed from the title and responsibility of that loan in...
October 25, 2016
Dear Readers, A secured loan is any loan that is backed or guaranteed by collateral. This means that if you default on the loan payments, the lender can take...
September 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m currently a college student. How do I start building credit? Is having a credit card enough to establish credit while being a college student? – KMA...
August 9, 2016
Dear Experian, How long does it take to build credit? – ALM Dear ALM, Building a positive credit history takes time. There is no quick fix and no way...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I am trying to get a student loan, but my parent's refuse to cosign because they fear cosigning for my student loan will affect their credit score, thus...
August 20, 2015
Dear Experian, I have an account number that was reported late for student loans. I did not realize the amount due had changed, so I continued to send the...
April 11, 2015
Dear Experian, I have been approved for two credit cards with two different limits and interest rates. One offers cash back rewards. I am trying to build my credit....
March 13, 2015
Dear Experian, My mother died recently, how do I get her information into your data bank? - PWG
December 28, 2014
Dear Experian, My divorce agreement requires that I write a letter to the credit agencies stating that all pre-marital debt on my report is my responsibility. Where should I send...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score