May 16, 2017
Dear Experian, My credit score is very low. I have no credit history other than recent hospital bills on my credit report. I get denied for everything: bank loans,...
May 4, 2017
Dear Experian, I’m trying to establish a positive credit history. I’ve been paying my power bill and my telecommunications, internet and cable bills on time every month for over...
January 17, 2017
Dear Readers, We are sometimes asked whether leasing a car can help you build credit and the answer is, yes it can. In terms of credit reports and credit...
November 22, 2016
Dear Experian, I took out a car loan to help build my credit. I was thinking about paying if off in February. I would have had the loan for...
October 25, 2016
Dear Readers, A secured loan is any loan that is backed or guaranteed by collateral. This means that if you default on the loan payments, the lender can take...
September 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m currently a college student. How do I start building credit? Is having a credit card enough to establish credit while being a college student? – KMA...
August 9, 2016
Dear Experian, How long does it take to build credit? – ALM Dear ALM, Building a positive credit history takes time. There is no quick fix and no way...
April 11, 2015
Dear Experian, I have been approved for two credit cards with two different limits and interest rates. One offers cash back rewards. I am trying to build my credit....
October 9, 2013
Dear Experian, I am a 19 year old college student trying to establish credit early, and it would be helpful throughout college to have a low limit credit card just...
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, What is your opinion about using secured credit cards to improve credit history, especially if there is no current history (last entries were in 2004)? - PAS
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, Why is it important to establish credit while you're young? If I don’t establish any credit will it affect my future and why? - OZY
June 20, 2013
Dear Experian, A bank has a new credit card for those with poor credit. They say you have to put down a $300 deposit, and after that deposit they'll give...
August 1, 2012
Dear Experian, I have no credit score and am unable to get credit for a car loan. How do I get a credit score? I have my own apartment and...
September 14, 2011
Dear Experian, I am trying to rebuild my credit. Is it better to keep a zero balance on the credit cards that I have recently paid off or keep a...
July 20, 2011
Dear Experian, I recently moved here from British Columbia, Canada, and when I apply for a credit card here you deny it because you say my credit information is not...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score