At Experian, one of our priorities is consumer credit and finance education. This post may contain links and references to one or more of our partners, but we provide an objective view to help you make the best decisions. For more information, see our Editorial Policy.
Streaming services have become an entertainment staple for Americans, and as a result, credit cards have started offering extra rewards and even statement credits on your streaming subscriptions. If you spend a lot on streaming services each month, here are the best credit cards to consider.
4 Partner Offers
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
While earning great rewards on streaming can be a nice perk, the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card offers a high rewards rate on every purchase you make—the card offers a flat 2% cash back on everything.
You'll also earn a $200 bonus when you spend $500 in the first 3 months, as well as a 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After that, it's 20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% Variable APR, depending on your creditworthiness. The card's balance transfer fee is 3% for the first 120 days, then 5% after that—there's a $5 minimum charge.
The card has a $0 annual fee.
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% Variable APR
Earn unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases
Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in purchases in the first 3 months
- Select “Apply Now” to take advantage of this specific offer and learn more about product features, terms and conditions.
- Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in purchases in the first 3 months.
- Earn unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases.
- 0% intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and qualifying balance transfers. 20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% Variable APR thereafter; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee of 3% then a BT fee of up to 5%, min: $5.
- $0 annual fee.
- No categories to track or remember and cash rewards don’t expire as long as your account remains open.
- Find tickets to top sports and entertainment events, book travel, make dinner reservations and more with your complimentary 24/7 Visa Signature® Concierge.
- Up to $600 of cell phone protection against damage or theft. Subject to a $25 deductible.
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
If your credit is in the fair range—between 580 and 669, according to FICO—you may have a hard time qualifying for the best rewards credit cards available. However, the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card can be worth your while.
The card offers 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make, including streaming subscriptions, and 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. Terms apply. That said, there's no welcome bonus or introductory 0% APR promotion. Additionally, the card charges a $39 annual fee, though you can make up for that with rewards if you spend at least $2,600 with the card annually.
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day, 5% Cash Back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel (terms apply)
1.5% Cash Back on All Purchases
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- No rotating categories or limits to how much you can earn, and cash back doesn't expire for the life of the account. It's that simple
- Be automatically considered for a higher credit line in as little as 6 months
- Enjoy peace of mind with $0 Fraud Liability so that you won't be responsible for unauthorized charges
- Help strengthen your credit for the future with responsible card use
- Enjoy up to 6 months of complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply
- Monitor your credit score with CreditWise from Capital One. It's free for everyone
- Check out quickly and securely with a contactless card, without touching a terminal or handing your card to a cashier. Just hover your card over a contactless reader, wait for the confirmation, and you're all set
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
If you're looking to maximize your rewards on streaming services, look no further than the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. The card offers an impressive 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming services. If your service is bundled with another product or billed by a third party, it may not be eligible.
The card also offers a $7 monthly credit when you use it to spend $9.99 or more each month on an eligible Disney Bundle subscription, which includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ (you must enroll to get the credit). Terms apply.
You can also earn 6% cash back on up to $6,000 spent at U.S. supermarkets each year (then 1%), 3% back on transit and at U.S. gas stations and 1% back on all other purchases. As a new cardholder, you'll earn $250 back when you spend $3,000 in the first 6 months of card membership, plus 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, after which the APR is 19.24%-29.99% Variable. The balance transfer fee is 3% of the transfer amount, with a $5 minimum.
The card's annual fee is $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. (See rates and fees.)
The Platinum Card® from American Express
One of the top travel and lifestyle credit cards on the market, The Platinum Card® from American Express offers something better than rewards on streaming. Each month, you'll get up to $20 in statement credits when you use your card to pay for a subscription to Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, The New York Times, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The Wall Street Journal (enrollment is required). Terms apply.
The card also offers 80,000 points when you spend $8,000 in the first 6 months, plus 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel (up to $500,000 spent per calendar year) and on prepaid hotels booked through AmexTravel.com and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. Terms apply.
If you want premium perks that extend beyond streaming, this card is tough to beat. You'll get complimentary airport lounge access, monthly and annual statement credits on a variety of travel, shopping and lifestyle purchases, elite status with hotel and rental car programs and more.
The card's annual fee is a whopping $695, but depending on your situation, you could get far more value from the card's perks each year. (See rates and fees.)
Frequently Asked Questions
There are plenty of credit cards that offer great rewards and credits on your streaming subscriptions, but it's important to look beyond one benefit to determine which card is the best fit for you.
In particular, think about your overall spending habits, then compare credit cards to determine which one will give you the most value overall. You can also consider other benefits, such as welcome bonuses, 0% APR promotions, insurance protections, travel perks and more to evaluate the cards you're considering.
Finally, look at the card's annual fee compared to its perks. If you can get enough value to outweigh the annual fee each year, it can be worth your while.
Statement credits for streaming services can vary depending on the card issuer and the card. As a result, it's important to read the card's fine print to understand how to qualify for and maximize its benefit.
For example, cards typically only offer statement credits for certain subscriptions, and the list of eligible services can vary by card. If you don't use those streaming services often, the credit may not be valuable to you.
Some cards may also require you to enroll in the benefit before you can take advantage of it, so keep that in mind before you start using your card to pay. Finally, consider how much you're getting. In some cases, you may get enough to cover your full monthly subscription fee, but in others, you may only be getting some of that money back.
If you make a qualifying purchase, you may receive a one-time statement credit or monthly credit, depending on the terms of the offer.
As you consider ways to enjoy your favorite streaming services without breaking the bank, here are some steps you can take to maximize your savings:
- Earn rewards: Whether or not you pick a card that offers bonus rewards on streaming subscriptions, use a rewards credit card to pay your monthly bill, then pay it off each month to enjoy rewards without the interest charges.
- Earn statement credits: Consider credit cards that offer statement credits on your streaming subscriptions.
- Share with loved ones: Many streaming services allow you to share your subscription with family members and friends. Doing so and splitting the bill can cut your monthly costs significantly.
- Cancel services you're not using: If you don't use all of the streaming services you're subscribed to, consider canceling the ones you use less frequently or not at all. You can always resubscribe later if you want to watch a show or movie the service offers.
- Rotate subscriptions: If you like to focus on one TV series or service at a time, you can focus on one for a month or two at a time, then cancel and switch to another one for a period. This can take a little extra work, but it can help you avoid unnecessary costs.
- Take advantage of free or discounted trials: Many streaming subscriptions offer free trials or discounted rates for a period of time when you sign up. If you want to try out a new service, look for free or discounted trials to see what it has to offer.
- Opt for a cheaper tier: Some streaming services offer multiple pricing tiers—some with commercials and more premium tiers without. While commercials can be annoying with on-demand entertainment, the savings you earn from the little time you spend watching them can add up.
The Bottom Line
If you spend a lot on streaming services, these credit cards can add a lot of value to those and other purchases you make. If you're still unsure which credit card is right for you, Experian CreditMatch™ can help you get matched with credit card offers based on your credit profile.