July 20, 2017
Dear Experian, Can a creditor still garnish your wages even though the account is showing “closed” on my credit report? The account shows as, “Charged off as bad debt....
July 18, 2017
Dear Experian, I have a debt from a department store credit card. It was charged off a few months ago. I have the money to pay it now. I...
July 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I am a graduate student with no income. I have a car payment that hasn't been paid in two months, and now they want to repossess it. I...
July 11, 2017
Dear Experian, I had student loans in default that have now been consolidated and brought current through another company earlier this year. All student loans are still reporting as...
July 6, 2017
Dear Experian, I have two charge offs on my credit report from two different credit cards. Is it possible to get the credit card companies to remove the charge...
June 29, 2017
Dear Experian, I am an international student. It was very difficult for me to get a credit card application approved even after getting a job and getting a Social...
June 27, 2017
Dear Experian, I cannot access my credit report online. I was asked several security questions about accounts I did not recognize. I have the form to request the report...
June 22, 2017
Dear Experian, How do I add a fraud statement to my credit report? I want to warn creditors that I have recently been a victim of identity theft and...
June 20, 2017
Dear Experian, In the event of a family member or spouse’s death, who becomes responsible for the deceased’s debt? What if there is no insurance or money left by...
June 15, 2017
Dear Experian, I have two items on my credit report that I am not familiar with. I do not know what these entries are for. What should I do?...
June 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a 30-day late payment in April 2011 and one 90 days late in September of 2011. When would the seven-year rule start? April or September?...
June 8, 2017
Dear Experian, On my credit report it states that there is an open account for more than $400 to a company I have never heard of. I searched the...
June 6, 2017
Dear Experian, I received a letter from Experian today stating that within the last 30 days, changes to my name, address, or Social Security number were reported to you...
June 1, 2017
Dear Experian, If you make payments within the grace period, does that affect your credit report? – TWB Dear TWB, A grace period is a set amount of time...
May 23, 2017
Dear Experian, Should closed and paid off accounts be taken off my report or does that not matter? – JOM Dear JOM, Even though an account is paid off...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported