June 15, 2017
Dear Experian, I have two items on my credit report that I am not familiar with. I do not know what these entries are for. What should I do?...
June 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a 30-day late payment in April 2011 and one 90 days late in September of 2011. When would the seven-year rule start? April or September?...
June 8, 2017
Dear Experian, On my credit report it states that there is an open account for more than $400 to a company I have never heard of. I searched the...
June 6, 2017
Dear Experian, I received a letter from Experian today stating that within the last 30 days, changes to my name, address, or Social Security number were reported to you...
June 1, 2017
Dear Experian, If you make payments within the grace period, does that affect your credit report? – TWB Dear TWB, A grace period is a set amount of time...
May 23, 2017
Dear Experian, Should closed and paid off accounts be taken off my report or does that not matter? – JOM Dear JOM, Even though an account is paid off...
May 18, 2017
Dear Experian, How does being an authorized user affect my credit? The account is in good standing and has a long history, but a high — 85 percent —...
May 16, 2017
Dear Experian, My credit score is very low. I have no credit history other than recent hospital bills on my credit report. I get denied for everything: bank loans,...
May 11, 2017
Dear Experian, How should I deal with debt collectors? I have seen on other blogs that once the third party debt collector contacts you it starts the seven-year period...
May 9, 2017
Dear Experian, I have 19 inquiries on my credit report from Experian. I have been declined for credit cards three to four times in the recent past. The reason...
May 4, 2017
Dear Experian, I’m trying to establish a positive credit history. I’ve been paying my power bill and my telecommunications, internet and cable bills on time every month for over...
May 2, 2017
Dear Experian, I have one credit card that I use as my main card most of the time. I also have two airline cards that I rarely use. I’m...
April 27, 2017
Dear Experian, My bank closed my account due to more than $400 in overdraft fees. I paid all I owe and re-opened my account. Will this hurt my credit?...
April 25, 2017
Dear Experian, A friend of mine has been out of prison for five months and is trying to get his credit report. He has his identification card and Social...
April 20, 2017
Dear Experian, My credit score is excellent, but I want the highest score that is available. What is the highest credit score possible? – BHB Dear BHB, The highest...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported