January 31, 2017
Dear Experian, I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy almost eight years ago. Should I wait 10 years until this is off my credit report to qualify for a first time...
December 27, 2016
Dear Experian, I am trying to apply for an apartment but they say there is an eviction on my record. Where would I find this information and how do...
December 22, 2016
Dear Experian, I currently have a pre-approval for a home loan and would like to get a better rate by improving my credit scores. I have credit cards and...
December 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m going through a divorce, and I need to get an apartment; therefore, I need advice on how to get my credit score up as much as...
November 29, 2016
Dear Experian, I would like to send in my payment history from my mortgage payments to be added to my credit report. My lender does not report, and I...
September 8, 2016
Dear Experian, I would like to buy my first home. I have been cleaning up and paying down my credit. My score is going up but I still have...
August 16, 2016
Dear Experian, Is it a good idea to pay off my mortgage early? What affect will that have on my score and how quickly will it go up? – LTD...
August 4, 2016
Dear Readers, People often ask if rent-to-own loans help build a credit history. Unfortunately, the answer is no, because such loans are not currently reported to the credit reporting...
July 16, 2016
Dear Experian, I admit I was late on one mortgage payment in 30 years, and my credit dropped 52 points. Is that normal for the credit industry, and am I...
January 3, 2016
Dear Experian, How do I get a free consumer report from Experian RentBureau? My landlord has found incorrect information on the service he uses. - TNY
December 19, 2015
Dear Experian, We refinanced our home with a different lender and my credit report is showing I have two mortgages. How long will it take for the lender that was...
April 24, 2015
Dear Experian, Will it have more of an impact on my credit report if I stop making my mortgage payments and become 90 days or more delinquent during a short...
January 31, 2015
Dear Experian, I am beginning a government-sponsored HAMP mortgage modification program. My lowered first three trial mortgage payments will be reported as "partial payments.” After the trial period they will...
January 23, 2015
Dear Experian, An eviction is showing on my credit report, per the leasing company I submitted an application to. I have never received paperwork for an eviction, but when I...
January 9, 2015
Dear Experian, I recently had my credit checked for a preapproval on a new home purchase and found that my credit scores and my wife's had dropped from the high-700s...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score