July 25, 2017
Dear Experian, How would I go about finding who I owe money to for my student loans and how much I owe? – SMC Dear SMC, Your credit report...
March 23, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a payday loan I took out in 2011. I became unable to work and had to have surgery in 2012. I began attempting to repair...
March 16, 2017
Dear Experian, Will transferring a balance from one credit card to another credit card, not to a new card but one that I have already had for years that...
February 16, 2017
Dear Experian, I am completely overextended with credit card debt but pay my bills on time. If I call a credit card company and negotiate a settlement or lower...
February 9, 2017
Dear Experian, Is it a good idea to obtain a personal loan to consolidate or pay off credit card debt? I currently pay approximately $800 a month to credit...
February 7, 2017
Dear Experian, I am on disability income but have not yet been able to get my student loans forgiven. If am unable to get them forgiven, can I take...
December 8, 2016
Dear Experian, If I have an introductory zero-interest window on a new credit card (15 months), and I use that card to pay off a home renovation – will...
October 18, 2016
Dear Experian, I have significant credit card debt and I’m considering a consolidation loan. Is this a good idea? What other debt management options are there? – JCB Dear...
October 18, 2016
Dear Experian, I had some financial difficulty last year and defaulted on my student loan in an amount close to $5,000. I have the money to pay it off...
October 4, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked what a cash advance is and if it can hurt credit reports and scores. A cash advance is essentially a short term loan...
I have a large amount of debt from payday loans. What do I need to know about payday loan relief and debt consolidation?
September 20, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked about payday loans and debt consolidation. Payday loans are short-term loans where an individual can borrow funds needed to cover unexpected expenses until...
July 17, 2014
Dear Experian, Does debt consolidation for credit cards with high interest rates help your credit? - SRO
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, Companies can negotiate with credit card companies and reduce your interest rate. They close your cards and you pay them a flat amount each month that goes towards...
August 13, 2013
Dear Experian, How does credit counseling affect credit scores, and will credit counseling result in damage to one's credit report or score? - AKN
February 28, 2013
Dear Experian, I am considering signing up with a debt settlement company. They told me that in order for them to negotiate the best deal with my creditors I must...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score