September 12, 2017
Dear Experian, Does a medical bill sent to a collection agency affect my credit score? – MPR Dear MPR, Yes, a medical collection account can affect your credit scores...
August 22, 2017
Dear Experian, I was evicted almost seven years ago, and at one point I saw the money owed on my credit report in collections. Now, I don’t see it....
July 6, 2017
Dear Experian, I have two charge offs on my credit report from two different credit cards. Is it possible to get the credit card companies to remove the charge...
June 8, 2017
Dear Experian, On my credit report it states that there is an open account for more than $400 to a company I have never heard of. I searched the...
May 11, 2017
Dear Experian, How should I deal with debt collectors? I have seen on other blogs that once the third party debt collector contacts you it starts the seven-year period...
January 10, 2017
Dear Experian, How long does it take for a collection to be deleted from my credit report? – SMQ Dear SMQ, Your credit report is a history of all...
December 15, 2016
Dear Experian, When I checked my credit report through an online service, my report showed that I had nothing in collections. When a bank that I went to pulled...
September 27, 2013
Dear Experian, Can a collection agency request your credit history without your consent? I have one on my report under "inquires shared with others" in which I did not consent. -...
August 23, 2013
Dear Experian, My son has an account that was delinquent and charged off over 10 years ago. Yet, this evening we received a call from a credit agency looking for...
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, What is the time frame that collections agencies can go after their money? - TRA
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, Does settling a debt that is showing negative on my credit report as a "collection", get removed from my report as soon as it is paid? Does paying...
August 13, 2013
Dear Experian, If you don't pay your utility bill, can that go on your credit report? - MWB
March 13, 2013
Dear Experian, I have a dispute with a security alarm company. They have implied a contract extension on a policy that I did not approve. I have not made a...
January 2, 2013
Dear Experian, I have an unpaid charge-off that I want to pay off. I've contacted the creditor showing on my current credit report but they advised me that they sold...
December 19, 2012
Dear Experian, I have been making monthly payments for a hospital bill. The hospital has stopped all correspondence and continues to cash my checks. They have also reported on my...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported