September 12, 2017
Dear Experian, Does a medical bill sent to a collection agency affect my credit score? – MPR Dear MPR, Yes, a medical collection account can affect your credit scores...
August 22, 2017
Dear Experian, I was evicted almost seven years ago, and at one point I saw the money owed on my credit report in collections. Now, I don’t see it....
August 17, 2017
Over the last few years, there has been explosive growth in the use of prepaid debit cards. In fact, use of these cards rose by 50% between 2012 and...
August 17, 2017
Rewards credit cards are hot: a recent Experian survey found 45% of Americans who plan to apply for new credit cards are doing so because they want rewards cards....
August 8, 2017
Dear Experian, Is it better to pay off the entire balance on a credit card each month, or to always leave a small balance to carry over? – OHR...
July 25, 2017
Dear Experian, How would I go about finding who I owe money to for my student loans and how much I owe? – SMC Dear SMC, Your credit report...
July 6, 2017
Dear Experian, I have two charge offs on my credit report from two different credit cards. Is it possible to get the credit card companies to remove the charge...
June 8, 2017
Dear Experian, On my credit report it states that there is an open account for more than $400 to a company I have never heard of. I searched the...
May 11, 2017
Dear Experian, How should I deal with debt collectors? I have seen on other blogs that once the third party debt collector contacts you it starts the seven-year period...
May 2, 2017
Dear Experian, I have one credit card that I use as my main card most of the time. I also have two airline cards that I rarely use. I’m...
April 6, 2017
Dear Experian, I have multiple charged off accounts and want to know if I should file bankruptcy or try to pay off the debt? I owe quite a bit....
March 23, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a payday loan I took out in 2011. I became unable to work and had to have surgery in 2012. I began attempting to repair...
March 16, 2017
Dear Experian, Will transferring a balance from one credit card to another credit card, not to a new card but one that I have already had for years that...
March 8, 2017
Dear Experian, Can I apply for credit cards after declaring bankruptcy? What kind of credit card might I qualify for? I am trying to rebuild my credit. – GSP...
February 23, 2017
Dear Experian, What would happen if I didn’t pay my credit card bill, but I pay all my other bills on time every month? Would it still hurt my...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported