July 24, 2017
Many borrowers with student loan debt may have just received an unexpected gift. As reported by the New York Times, a paperwork snafu may potentially relieve thousands of people...
July 7, 2017
As of July 2017, Experian, Equifax and Transunion are making updates when it comes to how items such as civil judgments and tax liens will appear on your credit...
June 27, 2017
Dear Experian, I cannot access my credit report online. I was asked several security questions about accounts I did not recognize. I have the form to request the report...
June 22, 2017
The easiest, fastest and safest way to dispute inaccurate information on your credit report is online at If you have a current copy of your personal credit report, you...
June 20, 2017
It is always better to pay your debt off in full if possible. Although settling an account is typically viewed more favorably than not paying it at all, a...
June 19, 2017
Check out this podcast where Mindy Jensen joins us to chat about real estate investing. She is an author at BiggerPockets.com and writes about a variety of topics related...
June 19, 2017
It’s one of the most common misconceptions about credit: knowing how the finer points of joint accounts work. Many people think that as you start to merge your finances...
June 15, 2017
While the details of flights, hotels and activities are top of mind for most travelers, many forget to take simple steps before they travel to protect their identity.
June 13, 2017
If you think you have been a victim of identity theft or credit fraud, visit www.experian.com/fraud. On the site, you can request a free initial security alert be added...
May 10, 2017
Identity theft is frustrating, confusing, and benefits from a lot of misconceptions according to new survey information. The results also point to the general lack of urgency around identity...
May 5, 2017
Military service members face unique financial challenges with the nature of their work. Discover tips that can help you save today and plan for the future.
May 2, 2017
Learn more about what the dark web is, and why it should matter to you as a part of your identity protection strategy.
April 20, 2017
How can an emergency fund help protect the health of your credit? Learn more about how it can help you protect the credit you're working to improve.
April 12, 2017
Discover why your use of credit today can help prepare your finances for the big purchases in your future, and how your credit activities play a role.
April 4, 2017
If you are concerned that someone may have used your minor child’s identification information fraudulently, you can request a copy of your child’s credit report for free by following...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score