December 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m going through a divorce, and I need to get an apartment; therefore, I need advice on how to get my credit score up as much as...
August 4, 2016
Dear Readers, People often ask if rent-to-own loans help build a credit history. Unfortunately, the answer is no, because such loans are not currently reported to the credit reporting...
January 3, 2016
Dear Experian, How do I get a free consumer report from Experian RentBureau? My landlord has found incorrect information on the service he uses. - TNY
October 24, 2014
Dear Experian, My daughter’s report is showing she had a broken lease in November 2013. However, she just moved out in July. How can she correct this? - ...
January 1, 2014
Dear Experian, I would like to better understand how co-signing for apartment leases affects credit. - IAB
December 18, 2013
Dear Experian, Does a landlord have to have a judgment against a former tenant in order for the debt to be reported? Can a collection agency report a debt without...
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, My daughter is in the process of looking for a new apartment and obtained a copy of her credit report. She found her credit is "fair." She also...
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, I'm a college student, and today I was given an eviction notice because my roommates didn’t pay their rent on time. I was wondering what happens if they...
August 20, 2013
Dear Experian, We purchased a house four years ago and sold it recently for more than we mortgaged originally. We are now renting. Does this help or hurt our credit? -...
August 13, 2013
Dear Experian, Can a landlord show a prospective tenant a copy of their credit report? Can a landlord give a prospective tenant a copy of their credit report? - REB
July 31, 2013
Dear Experian, How can I report my rent payments? My landlord does not. - TCR
July 17, 2013
Dear Experian, Could a violation of a rental agreement ruin my credit even though I don’t owe any rent? - MST
January 2, 2013
Dear Experian, My grandson wants us to cosign for an apartment. Does this affect our credit score in any way or just if he doesn't pay rent? - MTP
January 2, 2013
Dear Experian, My apartment complex raised my fees because you reported, “APPLICANT: High Probability SSN Belongs to Another. There is an excellent chance that the Social Security number on the...
December 21, 2011
Dear Experian, How do I opt out of The Rent Bureau? - DWH
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score