August 17, 2017
Dear Experian, If I voluntarily surrender my vehicle and I pay off the settlement balance of the difference between what they sold it for and what I still owe,...
July 27, 2017
Dear Experian, I went car shopping one day and now there are lots of inquires that say they will be on my credit report until 2015. Is it right for...
November 8, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m trying to buy a car. How can I improve my credit score quickly? What credit score do I need to buy a car? – BBK Dear...
October 11, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked whether you can buy a car with a credit card. As with most credit questions, it depends. The answer is that it depends...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I bought a car from a buy-here-pay-here place and paid off the car in full. Can I add that to my credit report? - HOL
July 12, 2016
Dear Experian, I run an auto dealership that sells luxury automobiles. I understand that multiple inquiries within a "shopping" timeframe do not hurt an individual's credit score. Can you explain...
September 6, 2015
Dear Experian, When checking my credit report, I noticed that my old auto loan was still on the report. I had received a letter from them months ago saying the...
May 6, 2014
Dear Experian, I'm buying a car and would like to know my credit score. How can I obtain this before shopping? - NTS
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, We are going to purchase a car and would like the car dealer and two banks to check for interest rates. How does that ding my score, or...
January 30, 2013
Dear Experian, I was shopping for a car recently and multiple lenders checked my credit. I have checked my credit report and all inquiries are showing up. I thought when...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported