July 20, 2017
Dear Experian, Can a creditor still garnish your wages even though the account is showing “closed” on my credit report? The account shows as, “Charged off as bad debt....
July 11, 2017
Dear Experian, I had student loans in default that have now been consolidated and brought current through another company earlier this year. All student loans are still reporting as...
June 1, 2017
Dear Experian, If you make payments within the grace period, does that affect your credit report? – TWB Dear TWB, A grace period is a set amount of time...
March 30, 2017
Dear Experian, I have missed a payment of $18 on my credit card. This was my first late payment on any card. This month, my credit score dropped by...
March 21, 2017
Dear Experian, I recently had a garnishment due to a medical billing and insurance coverage issue. The entire balance was paid in a matter of eight weeks. The collection...
December 20, 2016
Dear Experian, I want to help my son build his credit. Is cosigning for a car loan a smart way to do it? Cash flow is not an issue,...
November 8, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m trying to buy a car. How can I improve my credit score quickly? What credit score do I need to buy a car? – BBK Dear...
October 11, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked whether you can buy a car with a credit card. As with most credit questions, it depends. The answer is that it depends...
September 22, 2016
Dear Experian, The balance on one of my credit cards is so high that making payments has been difficult. What’s the best thing to do with minimal damage to...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I just had my credit run for a credit card and was denied. The lender said Experian was used to check my credit and I am entitled to...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I bought a car from a buy-here-pay-here place and paid off the car in full. Can I add that to my credit report? - HOL
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I have been denied credit. Can I get a free copy of my credit report? - KHO
July 13, 2016
Dear Experian, I currently have no credit. Not bad credit, no credit. I am interested in purchasing a new vehicle and a family member has offered to cosign. However, we've...
July 12, 2016
Dear Experian, I run an auto dealership that sells luxury automobiles. I understand that multiple inquiries within a "shopping" timeframe do not hurt an individual's credit score. Can you explain...
September 6, 2015
Dear Experian, When checking my credit report, I noticed that my old auto loan was still on the report. I had received a letter from them months ago saying the...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score