Articles by The Experian Team
January 10, 2017
Dear Experian, How long does it take for a collection to be deleted from my credit report? – SMQ Dear SMQ, Your credit report is a history of all...
January 5, 2017
Dear Experian, What steps can I take to improve my credit score by 100 points? – KKB Dear KKB, Every credit history is unique, so it’s impossible to say...
January 3, 2017
Dear Experian, I received my credit score. It says “amount of revolving credit card balances is too high,” but I do not owe anything. How do I clear the...
December 29, 2016
Dear Experian, I consolidated my school loans last year. Should I work to have those closed accounts removed? There are several of them. I don’t know, even though they’re...
December 27, 2016
Dear Experian, I am trying to apply for an apartment but they say there is an eviction on my record. Where would I find this information and how do...
December 22, 2016
Dear Experian, I currently have a pre-approval for a home loan and would like to get a better rate by improving my credit scores. I have credit cards and...
December 20, 2016
Dear Experian, I want to help my son build his credit. Is cosigning for a car loan a smart way to do it? Cash flow is not an issue,...
December 15, 2016
Dear Experian, When I checked my credit report through an online service, my report showed that I had nothing in collections. When a bank that I went to pulled...
December 14, 2016
Dear Experian, My handbag was stolen recently and with it I lost my license, our Social Security numbers, etc. I am planning to put a credit freeze on my...
December 8, 2016
Dear Experian, If I have an introductory zero-interest window on a new credit card (15 months), and I use that card to pay off a home renovation – will...
December 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m going through a divorce, and I need to get an apartment; therefore, I need advice on how to get my credit score up as much as...
December 1, 2016
Dear Experian, What is a revolving account? – ABP Dear ABP, The term “revolving credit” or “revolving account” refers to an account on your credit report that has a...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported