Articles by The Experian Team
December 10, 2017
Dear Experian, If payment has not been delinquent for two or more years can it be removed from potentially negative status? - FRA
December 9, 2017
Dear Experian, I am trying to rebuild my credit. Is it better to keep a zero balance on the credit cards that I have recently paid off or keep a...
December 5, 2017
Dear Experian, Why does my score change with inquiries? - ADM
November 29, 2017
Financial literacy is an important part of growing up. Check out this infographic to learn how you can teach your kids about the importance of finance.
October 26, 2017
Dear Experian, How do I get the word to Experian that my income has greatly increased? I was denied a credit limit increase on my credit card, and I...
October 17, 2017
Dear Experian, When you place a security freeze on your account, what prevents lenders or creditors from using another credit reporting agency to view your credit report? Will the...
October 12, 2017
Dear Experian, Do a husband and wife share a single annual credit report, or do they each have their own reports that are separate from and specific to each...
October 5, 2017
Dear Experian, A bank notified me that an online account was opened using my personal information. I did not open this account and informed the bank of same. They...
October 3, 2017
Dear Experian, I owe a large medical bill and have been making monthly payments to the hospital, but they have recently told me that if I don’t start paying...
September 12, 2017
Dear Experian, Does a medical bill sent to a collection agency affect my credit score? – MPR Dear MPR, Yes, a medical collection account can affect your credit scores...
September 5, 2017
Dear Experian, I just opened a new credit card and I’m trying to learn more about how credit cards affect my credit score. I believe I have four credit...
August 29, 2017
Dear Experian, If a checking account was closed, charged off, and sold to a collections agency, what kind of interest can they charge on that debt? I read that...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported