Articles by The Experian Team
October 5, 2017
Dear Experian, A bank notified me that an online account was opened using my personal information. I did not open this account and informed the bank of same. They...
September 12, 2017
Dear Experian, Does a medical bill sent to a collection agency affect my credit score? – MPR Dear MPR, Yes, a medical collection account can affect your credit scores...
September 5, 2017
Dear Experian, I just opened a new credit card and I’m trying to learn more about how credit cards affect my credit score. I believe I have four credit...
August 29, 2017
Dear Experian, If a checking account was closed, charged off, and sold to a collections agency, what kind of interest can they charge on that debt? I read that...
August 24, 2017
Dear Experian, I cosigned for my son to get a vehicle, and I was unaware he missed a payment. I just found out by checking my credit report, and...
August 22, 2017
Dear Experian, I was evicted almost seven years ago, and at one point I saw the money owed on my credit report in collections. Now, I don’t see it....
August 17, 2017
Dear Experian, If I voluntarily surrender my vehicle and I pay off the settlement balance of the difference between what they sold it for and what I still owe,...
August 15, 2017
Dear Experian, I haven’t been late yet, but I am having trouble paying my mortgage. I’ve lived here for many years and want to stay in the house. What...
August 10, 2017
Dear Experian, I have for a number of years attempted to correct my credit report to show my current mortgage, which is in good standing. No matter what I...
August 8, 2017
Dear Experian, Is it better to pay off the entire balance on a credit card each month, or to always leave a small balance to carry over? – OHR...
August 3, 2017
Dear Experian, Do student loans affect your credit scores? If so how are they used in the calculation? – LBC Dear LBC, Student loans affect your credit report and...
July 27, 2017
Dear Experian, I went car shopping one day and now there are lots of inquires that say they will be on my credit report until 2015. Is it right for...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported