Are you well versed on what hard inquiries can mean for your credit? No? Well, you’re not alone.
Let this short video be a quick refresher for you to tune-up your credit knowledge. Hard inquiries can have an impact on your credit scores, but just how much depends on which score you’re looking at, and how the credit scoring model considers the relative weight of those inquiries.
Curious to learn more about soft inquiries? Click to watch another video on that topic here.
Good credit begins with knowing where your credit is today. Get started with your free Experian Credit Report, updated every 30 days on sign in. No credit card required.Get Started for Free
- Credit Report Basics
- My Credit Report
- Credit Report FAQs
- About Checking Your Credit Report
- What is Credit
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Understanding Your Experian Credit Report
- Account Status Glossary
- Annual Credit Report FAQs
- Collections on Your Credit Report
- How to Dispute Credit Report Information
- Instructions for Disputing by Mail
- Disputes FAQs
- Experian’s Document Upload Service
- Bankruptcy: How it Works, Types & Consequences
- Hard vs. Soft Inquiries on Your Credit Report
- What Is a Credit Report?