Checking your Credit Reports regularly is one of the best ways to engage with your credit information. Experian CreditWorksSM Premium checks your Experian, TransUnion®, and Equifax® Credit Reports each day, and notifies you when key changes are detected. See your bigger credit picture with Credit Reports, FICO® Scores* and monitoring from all 3 credit bureaus.
Try Experian CreditWorksSM Premium for $4.99 /first month†Start monitoring your credit
†Introductory price of $4.99 for your first month of access, then just $24.99 each additional month. Cancel anytime if not satisfied.
*Credit score is calculated based on FICO® Score 8 model, unless otherwise noted. In addition to the FICO® Score 8, we may offer and provide other base or industry-specific FICO® Scores (such as FICO® Auto Scores and FICO® Bankcard Scores). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than FICO® Score 8 or such other base or industry-specific FICO® Score (if available), or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more.
3-bureau credit monitoring
Monitor your Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax Credit Reports with alert notifications when key changes occur.
Monitoring your Credit Reports from all 3 credit bureaus gives you greater insight to help you make more informed financial decisions. It can also help you detect suspicious activity that may appear on your Credit Reports.
Monthly 3-bureau updates
Get updated Credit Reports and FICO Scores from all 3 credit bureaus every 30 days.
The information in each of your Credit Reports from the 3 credit bureaus may be different. Compare your credit information across all 3-bureaus with updated FICO Scores and Credit Reports every 30 days.
Stay up-to-date every day
Get a new Experian Credit Report and FICO Score 8 every day on sign in, with updated factors impacting your credit.
Your Experian dashboard gives you access to the features that matter most. This includes an easy-to-read credit overview that shows the specific factors impacting your FICO Score 8 based on Experian data.
Control who can access your Experian Credit Report with the touch of a button.
Easily lock your Credit Report, helping to protect you against identity theft and unwanted credit activity. If someone attempts to apply for credit in your name while your Credit Report is locked, you will be notified with a real time alert.
$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance※
Get some extra security with up to $1 million in insurance and a $0 deductible.
If you become a victim, dealing with identity theft can be overwhelming. Have more peace of mind knowing you can be covered for costs like fraudulent electronic fund transfers, lost wages, legal fees and travel expenses.
Get help when you need it
Get personalized support from our dedicated team of Credit and Fraud Resolution Agents.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you gain insight into the factors that may be impacting your credit. When fraud or identity issues are identified, a Fraud Resolution Agent is assigned to work with you closely to resolve them.
※Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. (AIG). The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Review the Summary of Benefits for Experian CreditWorksSM Premium.
Credit monitoring resources
Credit monitoring FAQs
How can credit monitoring and fraud resolution help me?
Credit monitoring continuously monitors your Credit Report, freeing you from checking your Credit Report frequently and saves you time and effort if fraud or identity theft issues arise. Our Fraud Resolution Agents can help you get back on track with your credit, so that you do not have to navigate resolution on your own.
When can credit monitoring become important?
For a major purchase such as a home, the general recommendation is to check your credit report and credit score at least 6 months in advance. Credit monitoring can help provide peace of mind as you get closer to realizing your financial goals and help identify any issues that could arise.
Can I access my credit information from the past?
Once you start your Experian CreditWorksSM Premium membership, your Credit Report and Credit Score will be archived so you have access to prior credit information. For both practical and legal reasons, Experian cannot provide credit information for a specific date in the past outside of its credit monitoring service.
Is it easy to cancel Experian CreditWorksSM Premium credit monitoring?
There are no lengthy contracts with Experian CreditWorksSM Premium. You can keep your membership on a month-to-month basis and cancel at anytime. You can cancel online within your account directly or call customer care, available toll-free 7 days a week.
Sign up for helpful tips, special offers and more!
You're signed up!
Our system is undergoing maintenance and will be available again soon.
Ad Targeting Policy
Effective Date: December 28, 2015
ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., an Experian® Company ("CIC"), which operates websites such as FreeCreditReport.com, ProtectMyId.com, and other websites we may add from time to time, may share information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you with our parent company, our affiliated companies, and with third parties. This information includes:
- Demographic information (gender, estimated age, and general geographic location, and your estimated purchase ability);
- Summarized census information and other publicly available information (estimated education level, homeownership status, and estimated occupation type); and
- Your inferred and expressed interests, including transactional information and product interests we derive from your visits to certain websites we operate.
This information that we share includes information that we have collected, together with data from Experian Marketing Services, one of the members of the Experian family of companies.
The recipients of this information use it to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our family of websites and on the websites of third parties. The information is used only for marketing purposes. It is not used to make targeted offers that are priced differently based on estimated purchase ability.
If you prefer that we do not share this information, and would not like to receive targeted advertising as described above, please see our Opt Out page. Note that if you opt out, you will still receive advertising. Also, if you opt out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt out choice. If you would like to stop receiving Credit Based Offers as part of your enrollment in certain CIC products and services, please call Customer Care at 1-866-617-1894
Last Revised: 2/22/2017
By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Site. We reserve the right to change this Policy without prior notice. You agree to obtain annual notices of, and changes to, this Policy electronically by visiting this Site. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the "Last Revised" legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect. Therefore, we encourage you to review this Site from time to time for changes to our Policy.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect personal information and non-personal information through the Site. Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. Non-personal information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
Personal information. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Information provided by you when ordering credit-related products through the Site. For example, you will be required to submit personal information such as your name, address, social security number, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Information provided about your children when enrolling your children in child identity monitoring products. For example, as a legal guardian, you will be required to submit the child's first and last name, Social Security number, and date of birth in order to register that child in identity monitoring with the credit bureau.
- Credit and debit card account information collected from you or your credit reports when enrolling in our card registry product. For example, we will collect credit and debit card account information from you on our sites, over the phone, and from your credit reports from the three national credit reporting companies in order to cancel the cards per your request in the event that they are lost or stolen.
- When you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number, billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, "Payment Information") from you. However, purchases using our mobile applications may require the use of your mobile phone's default payment processing application.
- Other information we collect, such as city of birth and mother's maiden name, is used to verify your identity in the event you forget your login information required for our online products.
- Information you provide us through customer service correspondence and general feedback.
- Video content you choose to submit to us, such as commentary about our products and services, testimonials, or other similar content you share through video.
Non-Personal information. When you visit the Site, we may collect non-personal information, such as a catalog of the Site pages you visit. Non-personal information is generally collected through the Site from the following sources: server log files, environmental variables, crash logs, cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies, mobile software development kits, advertising identifiers, device identifiers and information that you voluntarily provide.
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or other device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site's servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as computer or device type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser, wireless carrier, Wi-Fi status and Internet browser version. Many of these environmental variables are collected by most browsers, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Crash logs. We may collect information from crash logs that are generated in the event our mobile applications crash while they are in use. Crash logs gather certain pieces of information about your device and your device's activities at the time of the crash, but they do not contain any personal information. These help us determine the root cause of a crash so we can fix it in a future update.
- Pixel Tags. We, our service providers, affiliates and/or non-affiliated Third-parties, may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors' hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, to provide online advertising, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened. Together with cookies and other technologies, Pixel Tags enable us to administer and improve our Site and its content, including tracking user movements around the Site, to gather usage information and statistics about how the Site is used, to permit users to log in or enroll in our services, to store user preferences, to target and customize content.
- Mobile Software Development Kits. We and our service providers may use mobile software development kits ("SDKs") to collect event properties within the mobile applications that are similar to environmental variables that are collected by most browsers, which may include general location data (derived from IP address), device manufacturer, and screen height and width. The SDKs track user movements and events occurring within our mobile applications as well as gather information on customers' interactions and satisfaction with our mobile applications. The SDKs help us improve our mobile applications for our customers.
- Advertising Identifiers. We and our service providers may collect Advertising Identifiers ("Advertising IDs") that are generated by a mobile device's operating system. Advertising IDs enable us and our service providers to serve advertisements to a mobile device by helping to distinguish devices for ad tracking and suppression purposes. You may choose to enable a feature that limits the use of Advertising IDs, or you may reset the Advertising ID on your device. These features do not block all advertisements to your device, but they can prevent relevant advertisements (ads based on your browsing history) from appearing on your device.
- Device Identifiers. We, our service providers, affiliates and/or non-affiliated third parties that may host our products and services, may collect information about your device, such as a device ID or another identifier as permitted by the device manufacturer, when you access the Site. This information is mainly used to aid in identity authentication and verification, and it is not used for advertising.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide. We also collect non-personal information (e.g., your geographic location, etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. When such information is not combined with any personal information, such information is considered to be non-personal information, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate personal information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered non-personal information for purposes of this Policy.
- Please note that if we combine any non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is so combined.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Personal Information. We may use personal information we collect in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use personal information collected about you to provide you with products, services or information that you request.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time we may use personal information to send you important information regarding the Site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Other Communications. From time to time, we may use personal information to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer that we do not send such email marketing messages to you, please see the "Your Choices" section below.
- Purchases. We may use personal information, including Payment Information, in order to fulfill your purchase.
- Promotions. We may operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, "Promotions") through the Site. We typically ask you for certain personal information when you enter and, if applicable, win a Promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about our use of personal information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of personal information conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules will control.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use personal information for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis and audits. In addition, we may also use personal information to enhance our information and to aid us in providing our customers with targeted promotions.
Non-Personal Information. Because non-personal information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose such non-personal information to other third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine non-personal information with personal information. If we combine any non-personal information with personal information so that it personally identifies you, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is combined.
We may, along with our affiliates and marketing partners, enhance and/or merge personal information about you with data collected from other sources and use it in direct and/or online marketing and, to the extent permitted by law, individual reference and look-up service programs. In the event we enhance and/or merge such personal information with data collected from other sources, we will take reasonable steps to maintain the integrity and quality of that information.
DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We may disclose information about you to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information that we collect to our affiliated companies to provide the products you request, to enhance our products to better suit your needs, and from time to time for marketing purposes.
- Business Partners. We may partner with other companies to offer you products or services or to fulfill the products or services that you order. We may disclose personal information and/or non-personal or de-identified information collected about you to such third-party partners for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, order fulfillment, list enhancement and other administrative services. We may disclose personal information to such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide services to us. Such services may include: marketing distribution, email list management services, advertising, certain product functionalities, customer support, web hosting, customer data management and enhancement, fulfillment services (e.g., companies that fill product orders or coordinate mailings), research and surveys, data analysis and email service.
- Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to an affiliate or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Law enforcement; emergencies; compliance; other purposes permitted by law. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose personal information to others as we believe appropriate (a) to comply with legal process; (b) to respond to governmental requests; (c) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; (d) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., our affiliated companies, you or others; (e) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (f) for any other purpose permitted by applicable law.
You have choices when it comes to updating your information, learning about new offers or products offered by us, our partners or affiliates. If you do not wish to receive offers of products from us, our partners or affiliates, here are the methods in which you can opt out:
- ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. Commercial Email. If you prefer not to receive emails from us about offers and Promotions please unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link in an email, or <Contact Us. Alternatively, you may opt-out of commercial email directly on the order form while placing a new order.
- Cookies. Subject to the section above pertaining to cookies and similar technologies, you have the ability to prohibit being served an advertisement based on cookie technology. We utilize reputable third-party vendors to serve advertisements. If however, you are not comfortable with cookies, you can adjust the settings within your browser to further prohibit being served a cookie. Please see the browser's instructions to perform this task. Additionally, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) has developed an opt-out tool with the express purpose of allowing consumers to "opt-out" of the targeted advertising delivered by participating companies. We may share anonymous or de-identified information with such companies for the purposes of delivering targeted advertising; however you may visit the DAA opt-out page and opt-out of this cookie tracking if you do not wish to receive targeted advertising. Please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for more information.
- Changing information. Corrections or updates to your information including your email address, phone number, mailing address, credit card information or password reminder phrase can be made through the edit profile section of your account on the Site. If necessary, other corrections or updates to your information can be made by contacting us. For your protection, our customer care representatives may request supporting documents before making any changes or updates to your membership information.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove personal information about you from the databases of third parties with which we have already disclosed personal information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from third parties, please contact such third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related emails.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We have security measures and tools, such as firewalls, in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem as soon as possible by contacting us in accordance with the Section "Contacting Us" below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We control and operate the Site from the United States, and the Site is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
A SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING INDIVIDUALS UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals not provide personal information through the Site. If you are under 18 years of age, you may browse our Site; however, you may not provide personal information to us such as name, address, or email address, and you may not register for, enroll in, and/or make product purchases.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please Contact Us. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.
For questions about your membership, you can contact us through the following options
© 2018 Experian Information Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Experian Global Sites
Summary of Benefits
Summary Description of Benefits Experian CreditWorksSM Premium
This Summary Description of Benefits (the "Summary") is provided to inform you that as a member, you and each child of yours that you enrolled in child monitoring (if applicable) are entitled benefits under the Master Policy referenced below. This Summary does not state all the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the Master Policy. Your benefits will be subject to all of the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the Master Policy, even if they are not mentioned in this Summary. A complete copy of the Master Policy will be provided upon request.
The Master Policy of Fraud Safeguard Coverage for New York Insureds and the Master Policy of Personal Internet Identity Coverage for non-New York Insureds (collectively, the “Master Policy”) have been issued to ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. (the “Master Policyholder”), under Policy Numbers: 1423382 and 7077868, respectively underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. (hereinafter “AIG”) to provide benefits as described in this Summary.
Should you have any questions regarding the Membership Program provided by the Master Policyholder, or wish to view a complete copy of the Master Policy, please call the Experian Customer Care Hotline at 1-866-960-6943.Limit of Insurance
|Aggregate Limit of Insurance:||$1,000,000||per policy period|
|Lost Wages:||$1,500||per week, for 5 weeks maximum|
|Travel Expenses:||$1,000||per policy period|
|Elder Care, Spousal Care & Child Care:||$2,000||per policy period|
|Certified Public Accountant Costs:||$1,000||per policy period|
|Deductible:||$0||per policy period|
To report a Stolen Identity Event, please call Experian Membership Support at 1-866-960-6943 to be transferred to the Master Policyholder´s Fraud Resolution Unit.Filing a Claim
If you have any questions regarding the identity theft insurance coverage or wish to file a claim under the Master Policy, please contact the Insurer at 1-866-IDHelp2 (1-866-434-3572).
If the Master Policy is terminated, your benefits will cease effective the date of such termination. It is the obligation of the Master Policyholder to inform you of any termination of the Master Policy.
- We shall pay you for the following in the event of a Stolen Identity Event:
- Costs incurred by you for re-filing applications for loans, grants, other credit or debt instruments that are rejected solely because the lender received from any source incorrect information as a result of a Stolen Identity Event;
- Costs for notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone calls, and postage reasonably incurred as a result of your efforts to report a stolen identity event or amend or rectify records as to your true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event; and
- Costs incurred by you for a maximum of six (6) credit reports from an entity approved by us. The first credit report may not be requested until after the discovery of a stolen identity event;
- Costs incurred by you for ordering medical records for the purpose of amending and/or rectifying these documents as a result of a stolen identity event
- Costs approved by us, for providing periodic reports on changes to, and inquiries about the information contained in the insured´s credit reports or public databases (including, but not limited to credit monitoring services);
- Costs incurred by you for travel within the United States incurred as a result of the insured´s efforts to amend or rectify records as to the insured´s true name and identity; and
- Costs incurred by you for elder care or child care incurred as a result of the insured´s efforts to amend or rectify records as to the insured´s true name or identity.
- Costs incurred by you for the replacement of identification cards, drivers licenses and passports as a result of a stolen identity event
Actual lost wages that would have been earned in the United States, its territories or possessions, whether partial or whole days, for time reasonably and necessarily taken off work and away from your work premises solely as a result of your efforts to amend or rectify records as to your true name or identity as a result of a Stolen Identity Event. Actual lost wages includes remuneration for vacation days, discretionary days, floating holidays, and paid personal days.
Lost wage reimbursement excludes business interruption or future earning of a self-employed professional. Computation of lost wages for self-employed professionals must be supported by and will be based on prior year tax returns.
Coverage is limited to wages lost within twelve (12) months after your discovery of a Stolen Identity Event.
Legal defense fees and expenses
Costs for reasonable fees for an attorney appointed by us and related court fees, incurred by you with our consent, for:
- Any legal action brought against you by a creditor or collection agency or entity acting on behalf of a creditor for non-payment of goods or services or default on a loan as a result of a Stolen Identity Event; and
- Removing any civil judgment wrongfully entered against you as a result of the Stolen Identity Event.
- Criminal defense for charges brought against you as a result of a Stolen Identity Event. However, we will only pay for this after it has been established by acquittal or dropping of charges because you were not in fact the perpetrator.
- Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in your medical history as a result of a medical identity theft. It is further agreed that solely with respect to subparagraph (d) you, with our express prior written consent, may select such attorney.
- Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in your tax history as a result of a stolen identity event. It is further agreed that solely with respect to subparagraph (d) you, with our express prior written consent, may select such attorney.
A Stolen Identity Event means the fraudulent use of your name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit card account number or other personally identifying information or other method of identifying you. This includes, but is not limited to, the fraudulent use of your personal identity to establish credit accounts, secure loans, enter into contracts or commit crimes. Stolen identity event shall include Medical identity theft. Medical Identity Theft means the theft of the insured´s personal or health insurance information to obtain medical treatment, pharmaceutical services or medical insurance coverage. Medical identity theft also means the theft of the insured´s personal or health insurance information to submit false claims for medical services or goods. A Stolen Identity Event does not include the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of y our business name, d/b/a or any other method of identifying your business activity.
Investigative Agency or Private Investigator Costs
Costs associated with the use of any investigative agency or private investigator engaged to amend or rectify records as to your true name or identity as a result of a Stolen Identity Event. We reserve the right to select such investigative agency or private investigator; however, with our express prior written consent, you may select such investigative agency or private investigator.
We shall pay you for the following in the event of an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer:
The principal amount, exclusive of interest, incurred by you and caused by an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer first occurring during the policy period. However, such principal amount shall not include any amount for which you did not seek reimbursement from the financial institution which issued the access device and holds the account from which funds were stolen, and for which you have not received reimbursement from any other source.
An Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer (UEFT) is an electronic fund transfer from your Account initiated by a person other than you without the actual authority to initiate such transfer and from which you receive no benefit. An Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer (UEFT) does not include an electronic fund transfer initiated: 1) by a person who was furnished the access device to your account by you, unless you have notified the financial institution that transfers by such person are no longer authorized; 2) with fraudulent intent by you or any person acting in concert with you; 3) by the financial institution of its employee; or 4) from any business or commercial account.
Account means a cash, credit card, demand deposit (checking), savings or money market account of yours held directly or indirectly by a financial institution and established primarily for personal, family or household purposes.
Subject to the Master Policy's terms, conditions and exclusions, the Master Policy provides benefits to you only if: (1) you report a Stolen Identity Event or an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer to the Master Policyholder at the contact number stated above as soon as you become aware of a Stolen Identity Event or a Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer, but in no event later than ninety (90) days after the Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer is discovered; and (2) you follow the instructions given to you by the Fraud Resolution Unit. These instructions will include notifying major credit bureaus, the Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft Hotline and appropriate law enforcement authorities. You will also be provided with a claim form and instructed how to file for benefits under the policy if the Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer results in losses covered under the policy.
You will only be covered for a Stolen Identity Event if a Stolen Identity Event is first discovered while you are a member of the Master Policyholder's insured program and is reported to us within ninety (90) days of such discovery.
You will only be covered for an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer if an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer first occurs while you are a member of the Master Policyholder's insured program and is reported to us within ninety (90) days of such discovery.
You will not be covered if the Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer first occurs after termination of the master policy or termination of your membership in the Master Policyholder's program.
LIMITS OF INSURANCE
The most we shall pay you cannot exceed the Aggregate Limit of Insurance above. Legal fees and private investigator fees are subject to prior approval. All Legal Costs shall be part of and subject to the Aggregate Limit of Insurance. LEGAL COSTS ARE PART OF, AND NOT IN ADDITION TO, THE LIMIT OF INSURANCE.
The Lost Wages, Travel Expense, and Elder Care/Spousal Care/Child Care Limits of Insurance shown above are sublimits of the Aggregate Limit of Insurance and the most we shall pay you for lost wages, travel expense, and elder care/spousal care/child care.
We shall be excess over any other insurance, including, without limitation, homeowner´s or renter´s insurance. If you have other insurance that applies to a loss under this policy, the other insurance shall pay first. This policy applies to the amount of loss that is in excess of the Limit of Insurance of your other insurance and the total of all your deductibles and self-insured amounts under all such other insurance. In no event shall we pay more than our Limits of Insurance as shown above.
If you are enrolled in more than one Membership Program insured by us, or any of our affiliates, we will reimburse you under each membership program:
- subject to the applicable deductibles and Limits of Insurance of each insured Membership Program
- but in no event shall the total amount reimbursed to you under all Membership Programs exceed the actual amount of loss.
FICO® Scores are developed by Fair Isaac Corporation. The FICO Score provided by ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., also referred to as Experian Consumer Services ("ECS"), in Experian CreditWorksSM, Credit TrackerSM and/or your free Experian membership (as applicable) is based on FICO Score 8, unless otherwise noted. Many but not all lenders use FICO Score 8.
In addition to the FICO Score 8, ECS may offer and provide other base or industry-specific FICO Scores (such as FICO Auto Scores and FICO Bankcard Scores). The other FICO Scores made available are calculated from versions of the base and industry-specific FICO Score models. There are many different credit scoring models that can give a different assessment of your credit rating and relative risk (risk of default) for the same credit report. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO Score than FICO Score 8 or such other base or industry-specific FICO Score, or another type of credit score altogether. Just remember that your credit rating is often the same even if the number is not.
For some consumers, however, the credit rating of FICO Score 8 (or other FICO Score) could vary from the score used by your lender. The statements that "90% of top lenders use FICO Scores" and "FICO Scores are used in 90% of credit decisions" are based on a third-party study of all versions of FICO Scores sold to lenders, including but not limited to scores based on FICO Score 8. Base FICO Scores (including the FICO Score 8) range from 300 to 850. Industry-specific FICO Scores range from 250-900. Higher scores represent a greater likelihood that you'll pay back your debts so you are viewed as being a lower credit risk to lenders. A lower FICO Score indicates to lenders that you may be a higher credit risk.
There are three different major credit reporting agencies — the Experian credit bureau, TransUnion® and Equifax® — that maintain a record of your credit history known as your credit report. Your FICO Score is based on the information in your credit report at the time it is requested. Your credit report information can vary from agency to agency because some lenders report your credit history to only one or two of the agencies. So your FICO Score can vary if the information they have on file for you is different. Since the information in your report can change over time, your FICO Score may also change.