Even with inflation increasing your monthly bills, you may be able to find a great deal with minimal effort on your part. Experian BillFixer™ saves you the time and headache of contacting your providers by negotiating better rates on your behalf. If you are looking for a way to cut costs and stretch your budget, reducing your necessary bills is a prime first stop.
When you sign up for an Experian CreditWorksSM Premium membership, you'll automatically get access to BillFixer. This feature employs expert negotiators who contact your service providers to get you the best available deals.
Here's how to take advantage of this cost-saving feature and get control of your bills.
How Does Experian BillFixer Work?
You can get access to Experian BillFixer with your Experian premium membership. Once you sign in to your Experian account, navigate to BillFixer and follow these steps to lower your bills:
- Send us your bills. Submitting your bills is secure and uses encryption to make sure your personal information is as safe as possible during the process. Simply download a copy of your bill or snap a photo of it. Then upload it to BillFixer using the "Upload bill" screen.
- Let us negotiate for you. Our expert negotiators can save you hours on the phone. We are experienced in looking for promotional rates, customer loyalty discounts, special packages and additional credits to bring your bills down. With your permission, we can negotiate using your name, which tends to get the best results. You can also add us as authorized users who can make changes or join us on a three-way call when negotiating your account. You should see results within three to seven business days.
- Enjoy your savings. You keep 100% of your negotiated savings.
BillFixer never downgrades the services you receive without your permission. You keep the same level of service you had before. BillFixer can contact you if any contracts or feature cancellations offer a better deal before any changes are made to your account. And to streamline the process further, you can pre-consent to contracts.
Already have some bills included with Experian personal finance management or Experian Boost®ø? BillFixer can help identify which ones are negotiable and get started on finding your savings.
What Bills Does BillFixer Negotiate?
BillFixer can be used on any eligible recurring bills. Some of the most common include:
- Satellite television and radio
- Home security and alarm services
Within these categories, BillFixer works with specific providers to help you save on bills. Current eligible providers include:
- Breezeline (Atlantic Broadband)
- Cable One (Sparklight)
- CenturyLink (Lumen)
- Comcast (Xfinity)
- Cox Communications
- DIRECTV, Dish Network, Frontier Communications
- Mediacom, Optimum (Altice/Cablevision)
- Spectrum (Time Warner/Charter)
- US Cellular
- Verizon Wireless
- Vivint, Windstream (Kinetic by Windstream)
The number of eligible providers is growing. If your provider isn't listed currently, check back soon.
What Types of Bills Aren't Eligible for BillFixer?
There are some bills that BillFixer can't currently negotiate on your behalf. These include:
How Much Does Experian BillFixer Cost?
BillFixer is one of the benefits included with our paid premium membership. We work to lower your bills, and you keep 100% of the savings.
You can set BillFixer to negotiate your bills on an ongoing basis, meaning new savings may regularly be on the horizon as long as you maintain an Experian premium membership. Renegotiations typically occur once a year, but BillFixer watches for new deals and aims to scoop up any new savings as soon as possible or renegotiate expiring deals sooner than one year.
Additional Benefits of an Experian Premium Membership
With BillFixer, you'll enjoy the benefits of saving on your bills. But you'll also be able to access the other financial benefits of the Experian CreditWorks Premium membership, including:
- Monthly three-bureau FICO® Scores☉
- Three-bureau credit monitoring and alerts
- Daily FICO® Scores based on Experian data
- FICO® Score tracker
- Identity protection and alerts
- Up to $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Dedicated fraud resolution support
- Lost wallet assistance
Organize your financial tools all in one place when you enroll in the Experian CreditWorks Premium membership. Now, you can monitor credit scores, protect your identity, lower your monthly bills and more all with one membership.
Try BillFixer for free today when you enroll in a seven-day trial membership in Experian CreditWorks Premium.