At Experian, one of our priorities is consumer credit and finance education. This post may contain links and references to one or more of our partners, but we provide an objective view to help you make the best decisions. For more information, see our Editorial Policy.
In this article:
Experian CreditMatch™ can help you save money by making it easy to compare credit card and loan offers so you can find offers with the best rewards, rates and terms. Using CreditMatch and the Experian Savings Center, which offers suggestions on how to save money by refinancing debts or switching to a lower-cost insurance policy, can help you level up your finances. The best part? You can do it all for free.
What Is Experian CreditMatch?
Comparing your options and offers before opening a credit card or taking out a loan is a savvy way to save money. But reviewing credit card perks and fees, and lenders' rates and terms, can be confusing and time-consuming. Experian CreditMatch makes comparison shopping easy.
When you create an Experian account, you get free access to your Experian credit report and FICO® Score☉ , which are updated every 30 days. From the credit dashboard, you can see a summary of your credit history, including which factors are most helping and hurting your scores.
Additionally, Experian partners with lenders and can help you find auto insurance. We use your unique credit profile and information from our partners to understand which products you'll most likely qualify for and benefit from using.
Experian receives compensation from its partners. However, unlike some comparison services, the compensation doesn't influence how we rank credit card or loan offers. Those matches and the order they appear in will depend on what's best for you based on your unique credit profile and our independent analysis.
How to Get Started With Experian CreditMatch
- Create an Experian account
- Check your credit history and scores
- Look for matched credit card and personal loan offers
- Review your personalized Savings Center
Get Matched to Credit Card Offers
If you're looking for a new credit card, the CreditMatch credit card marketplace can match you with different cards and personalized offers based on your credit profile and the cards' features without logging in. (Personalized offers are not available in certain states.)
You can look through all your matched cards, or even the unmatched cards that are available. You can also filter the cards based on the card type, such as rewards, balance transfer or no annual fee. If you have an Experian account, after logging in CreditMatch will also highlight up to three top matches for you. If several cards catch your eye, you can choose up to four for a side-by-side comparison.
You'll also see Experian's Estimated Approval Odds, which are calculated based on your credit profile and the card issuer's acceptance standards (when they are known).
Prequalify for Personal Loans
You can also use CreditMatch to quickly compare personal loan offers. Once you're signed in, you can create and submit a loan prequalification application, which won't affect your credit score. Here's how it works:
- Choose a loan amount and purpose, such as debt consolidation or making a major purchase.
- Add your individual income, employment status and monthly housing payment.
- Confirm your personal information.
- Temporarily remove any credit freezes you may have on your credit reports to allow lenders to prequalify you.
Experian quickly sends out your information to gather prequalified loan offers from our partner lenders. You can then compare the estimated monthly payment, annual percentage rate (APR), term and total cost for each loan. Your offers are good for 30 days, giving you time to decide which option is best.
Find Other Savings Opportunities
You can also use your Experian account to better understand your finances and find new ways to save. Within the Finances tab, you'll find three sections:
- Personal Finances: You can securely connect your financial accounts to track your personal savings and spending. The Personal Finances tool helps you stay on top of your finances with custom alerts, such as when there's a large transaction or your account balance drops. It will also show you your top spending categories for each month and even provide spending updates during the month.
- Savings Center: Review opportunities based on your financial situation, such as student loan refinancing, 0% introductory APR balance transfers and less expensive auto insurance policies. Each will have a rating for how much you can save, how long it will take to get the savings relative to other opportunities, and links to specific offers and options.
- My Credit Cards: Add your current credit cards to see a breakdown of the cards' major perks. Then learn how you can use these perks to save money.
Sign Up for Free
While there are many comparison shopping tools available, Experian CreditMatch offers unique features that set it apart from the competition.
In addition to free credit monitoring and score tracking, Experian matches you to credit card and loan offers based on your credit profile to determine the offers you are most likely to qualify for.
We also continue to search for ways to save you money and can help you understand your credit card perks so you won't accidentally miss out on any benefits.