Submit Disputes Online or by Telephone

Submit Disputes Online or by Telephone article image.
Dear Experian,

Can I dispute incorrect information at anytime online?


Dear EWA,

You can dispute information online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. You can check your report for errors and begin a dispute online.

Your personal report includes instructions to dispute any information you believe is inaccurate. Most disputes can be submitted online at any time. There are some exceptions, such as fraud issues, that may require speaking to a representative or mailing additional documentation. If so, you will be provided instructions on how to do so.

For detailed information and tips for disputing, see How to Dispute Credit Report Information.

Thanks for asking.
- The "Ask Experian" team

The purpose of this question submission tool is to provide general education on credit reporting. The Ask Experian team cannot respond to each question individually. However, if your question is of interest to a wide audience of consumers, the Experian team may include it in a future post and may also share responses in its social media outreach. If you have a question, others likely have the same question, too. By sharing your questions and our answers, we can help others as well.

Personal credit report disputes cannot be submitted through Ask Experian. To dispute information in your personal credit report, simply follow the instructions provided with it. Your personal credit report includes appropriate contact information including a website address, toll-free telephone number and mailing address.

To submit a dispute online visit Experian's Dispute Center. If you have a current copy of your personal credit report, simply enter the report number where indicated, and follow the instructions provided. If you do not have a current personal report, Experian will provide a free copy when you submit the information requested. Additionally, you may obtain a free copy of your report once a week through December 31, 2022 at AnnualCreditReport.