Effective Jan. 1, 2020, the CCPA created new consumer rights relating to accessing, deleting and sharing personal information that’s collected by businesses.
This law gives Californians the right to request:
- Categories of information that the organizations have collected about them
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for which the data is being collected and sold
- The categories of third parties with whom the personal information is shared
- The specific pieces of information that have been collected about the individual