Public Sector

15 Public Sector assets found.

  • Digital Identity Standards: What's New and What's Next
    Document Published Date: Apr 17, 2018

    Join OWI host Cameron D’Ambrosi and Experian Fraud & Identity Management Senior Business Consultant Keir Breitenfeld as they discuss the impact of NIST’s latest 800-63-3 Digital Identity Guidelines, and how enterprises are adjusting their digital identity strategies to adapt.

  • Is your agency considering a data modernization in 2018?

    Join Experian and Rhode Island DMV on March 29th 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET.

    We will discuss why modernizations are important in the public sector, common obstacles, and how we worked together to overcome challenges and drive success for RI DMV’s data conversion project in under 6 months. We'll also take you beyond the modernization, and shed some light on how RI is supporting data management proactively.

  • Data migrations begin (and end) with data quality
    Document Published Date: Sep 15, 2017

    Most companies are likely to undergo a data migration project at some point. Our 2017 global data benchmark report revealed that 83% of data migrations fail or exceed their budgets and schedules. Given all this business investment, doesn't it make sense to invest in the quality of data being migrated before it costs your organization?

    This white paper takes a look at the biggest obstacles in data migrations, how to complete a migration project in time and on budget, and provides a pre-migration impact assessment checklist to ensure your data migration success.

  • The Idaho Transportation Department is a government organization responsible for maintaining state transportation infrastructure and providing top-tier services to state residents. To meet that goal, they need to have a consolidated view of their residents. However, information spread across siloed databases prevented them from accurately matching citizen records, and thus providing a positive customer experience.

    Read this case study to find out how the Idaho Transportation Department used our data management and data matching tool to identify duplicate records and proactively address data quality issues.

  • Identity proofing insights and best practices
    Document Published Date: Feb 1, 2017

    It’s time to start thinking of yourself as an identity-proofing expert. You’ll be grateful when you are confidently authenticating individuals while delivering a great user experience.

    This paper provides our perspective on identity proofing and risk-based authentication — and more specifically — how those activities may be leveraged for remote access to information systems. Content provided is intended to highlight current industry conditions, risk-based authentication concepts and best practices, and lastly how our expertise with comprehensive identity proofing and risk-based authentication can help you mitigate risk while delivering a great user experience.

  • The Evolution of Identity Management
    Document Published Date: Mar 28, 2016

    Don't get blind sided - Gain insight in establishing an identity management strategy that will adapt to new challenges, authenticating users, mitigating risk, adhering to regulatory constraints without impeding the user experience, and more.

  • Data Breach Response Guide 2014-2015 Edition
    Document Published Date: Jul 8, 2015
    According to a recent data breach preparedness study by the Ponemon Institute, much has changed in the world of data breaches in the past year; some are positive, others a bit more challenging. It's no secret that, according to the study, more companies suffered a data breach in 2013 versus the year before. To date, nearly half of organizations have experienced at least one breach incident that impacted personal records; an increase of 10% from 2013, and 17% were unsure if they had been victimized. Fortunately, more companies are taking basic steps to prepare themselves for the increasing likelihood of a breach. A majority of them (73%) now have a data breach response plan in place and nearly half have increased their investment in security technologies in the past 12 months. Vigilance is key. The more organizations can do to prepare themselves, by developing and maintaining a comprehensive data breach response plan, the better off they will be in the months and years to come.
  • Streamlining Eligibility Verification
    Document Published Date: Apr 15, 2013
    As the need for help -- and the equal need to reduce spending -- increases, public assistance programs are under tremendous pressure to maximize their limited resources in order to provide more services with shrinking budgets. Key to this effort is the importance of ferreting out fraud, waste and abuse, and eliminating inefficiencies, while ensuring that these services are provided to those individuals that qualify to receive them.
  • Issue Brief: Beyond Traditional Eligibility Verification
    Document Published Date: Dec 6, 2012
    How Data and Analytics Can Reduce Fraud and Deliver Better Program Compliance
  • Identity proofing: an Experian Public Sector white paper
    Document Published Date: Nov 1, 2012
    A risk-based approach to agency identity proofing: Experian's lessons learned and best practices for government agencies.
  • Learn best practices for maximizing collections in the Public Sector. Experian, in cooperation with Governing Magazine, recently completed a nationwide survey of governmental agencies. The survey sought to determine the types of collection efforts in which governments engage and looked at areas where those entities face challenges to better collect. Experian's collection professionals then compared the government activities with commercial best practices to identify those processes underutilized in the public sector. This white paper presents those practices.
  • Over $1 billion paid out in fraudulent benefit claims & social housing provision could be eradicated if simple fraud-prevention techniques were implemented more widely across the public sector.