At Experian, one of our priorities is consumer credit and finance education. This post may contain links and references to one or more of our partners, but we provide an objective view to help you make the best decisions. For more information, see our Editorial Policy.
Many rewards credit cards charge an annual fee, but certain cards offer great perks without that added cost. From dining and entertainment to groceries and gas, here are cards that will help you rack up cash back or points without requiring you to pay an annual fee.
3 Partner Offers
Best for Flat-Rate Cash Back: Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
19.24%, 24.24%, or 29.24% variable APR
Earn unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases
Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases
- 0% intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and qualifying balance transfers, then a 19.24%, 24.24%, or 29.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee of 3% then a BT fee of up to 5%, min: $5
- $0 annual fee
- No categories to track or remember and cash rewards don't expire as long as your account remains open
- Enjoy a premium collection of benefits at a selection of the world's most intriguing and prestigious hotel properties with Visa Signature Concierge
- Get up to $600 of cell phone protection against damage or theft when you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo card. (subject to a $25 deductible).
- Select “Apply Now” to learn more about the product features, terms and conditions
- Matched For You are statements made by Experian and may not reflect Wells Fargo’s underwriting standards
This Card Is Right for You If: You're looking for a straightforward cash back card with no annual fee. It's hard to do better than the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card, which allows you to earn 2% unlimited cash rewards on every purchase you make—one of the best rates around. You can also earn a $200 cash rewards bonus when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
Best for Dining and Entertainment Rewards: Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
19.24% - 29.24% (Variable)
3% Cash Back on dining and entertainment, 3% Cash Back on popular streaming services, 3% Cash Back at grocery stores, 1% Cash Back on all other purchases. Earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases.
3% Cash Back on Streaming Services
3% Cash Back on Groceries
1% Cash Back on All Other Purchases
Earn a one-time $200 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a one-time $200 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), plus 1% on all other purchases
- Earn 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats, plus complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; 19.24% - 29.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
- No foreign transaction fee
- No annual fee
This Card Is Right for You If: You are a foodie who spends a lot on groceries and dining out—but you don't want to pay an annual fee. The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers 3% cash back at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart and Target), as well as an impressive 3% back on dining and entertainment and on popular streaming services. Plus, earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases and 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. You can also earn a one-time $200 cash bonus when you spend $500 on purchases during the first 3 months after account opening.
Best for Rotating Bonus Categories: Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card
This Card Is Right for You If: You're looking for a card where you can earn higher rewards in certain spending categories of your choice. The Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card lets you earn 3% cash back in a category of your choice, 2% at grocery or wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases) and unlimited 1% on all other purchases. By becoming a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn a higher percentage up to 5.25%.