This white paper provides strategic analyses and recommendations to assist decision-makers in prioritizing opportunities for improving the post-pandemic patient journey.
Addressed are changes that will likely become part of the “new” healthcare experience expected to emerge after the pandemic, including:
- The elevated priority of marketing and data’s role in driving outreach efforts
- Delivering on the scheduling overhaul and how digital, mobile and self-serve options provide benefits for patients and providers
- The long-overdue realization of offsite, digital registration and the enhanced data quality that comes with it
- An understanding that social determinants of health have deep relevance to community health and that an investment in data – and systems that can interpret that data – are accelerating
- More empathetic, accurate, transparent, and error-free collections and reimbursement functions that build trusting relationships between provider and patient and provider and payer
These and other changes underscore how the pandemic has been an event unlike anything previously seen in American healthcare and has become a catalyst for significant adaptation and innovation.