July 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I am a graduate student with no income. I have a car payment that hasn't been paid in two months, and now they want to repossess it. I...
June 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a 30-day late payment in April 2011 and one 90 days late in September of 2011. When would the seven-year rule start? April or September?...
May 23, 2017
Dear Experian, Should closed and paid off accounts be taken off my report or does that not matter? – JOM Dear JOM, Even though an account is paid off...
March 28, 2017
Dear Experian, Can I get closed accounts with $0 balance removed from my credit report? – LLV Dear LLV, When you pay off and close an account, the creditor...
March 9, 2017
Dear Experian, How can I find out who I owe? I would like to know so that I can pay off my debt and clear up my credit. –...
February 28, 2017
Dear Experian, My mother offered to pay off my private student loans. The account is in good standing, but I am negotiating to pay an amount less than the...
February 14, 2017
Dear Experian, I paid a civil judgment in full this year. Will that ever be off my credit report? It shows the amount owed is $0, but it still...
January 24, 2017
Dear Experian, I want a replacement PIN for my security freeze. You asked me to mail in a document with my Social Security number — there are no other...
January 12, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a car payment that was seriously delinquent in 2015. In January of 2016 I brought the payment current, and the monthly payment has been paid...
January 3, 2017
Dear Experian, I received my credit score. It says “amount of revolving credit card balances is too high,” but I do not owe anything. How do I clear the...
December 29, 2016
Dear Experian, I consolidated my school loans last year. Should I work to have those closed accounts removed? There are several of them. I don’t know, even though they’re...
December 1, 2016
Dear Experian, What is a revolving account? – ABP Dear ABP, The term “revolving credit” or “revolving account” refers to an account on your credit report that has a...
November 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I paid off a $47 medical bill I didn’t know about in May 2016. I just saw it’s still on my credit report. I contacted the collection...
October 27, 2016
Dear Experian, What is needed to remove a charge off from your credit report if you pay the disputed amount? – HWM Dear HWM, Charged Off Accounts Not Removed...
August 25, 2016
Dear Experian, There is a judgment appearing on my credit report that was included in my bankruptcy. Will it be deleted? – JMV Dear JMV, When judgments included in...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score