August 24, 2017
Dear Experian, I cosigned for my son to get a vehicle, and I was unaware he missed a payment. I just found out by checking my credit report, and...
August 22, 2017
Dear Experian, I was evicted almost seven years ago, and at one point I saw the money owed on my credit report in collections. Now, I don’t see it....
August 17, 2017
Over the last few years, there has been explosive growth in the use of prepaid debit cards. In fact, use of these cards rose by 50% between 2012 and...
August 17, 2017
Dear Experian, If I voluntarily surrender my vehicle and I pay off the settlement balance of the difference between what they sold it for and what I still owe,...
August 17, 2017
Rewards credit cards are hot: a recent Experian survey found 45% of Americans who plan to apply for new credit cards are doing so because they want rewards cards....
August 15, 2017
Dear Experian, I haven’t been late yet, but I am having trouble paying my mortgage. I’ve lived here for many years and want to stay in the house. What...
August 10, 2017
Dear Experian, I have for a number of years attempted to correct my credit report to show my current mortgage, which is in good standing. No matter what I...
August 8, 2017
Dear Experian, Is it better to pay off the entire balance on a credit card each month, or to always leave a small balance to carry over? – OHR...
August 3, 2017
Dear Experian, Do student loans affect your credit scores? If so how are they used in the calculation? – LBC Dear LBC, Student loans affect your credit report and...
July 27, 2017
Dear Experian, I went car shopping one day and now there are lots of inquires that say they will be on my credit report until 2015. Is it right for...
July 25, 2017
Dear Experian, How would I go about finding who I owe money to for my student loans and how much I owe? – SMC Dear SMC, Your credit report...
July 20, 2017
Dear Experian, Can a creditor still garnish your wages even though the account is showing “closed” on my credit report? The account shows as, “Charged off as bad debt....
July 18, 2017
Dear Experian, I have a debt from a department store credit card. It was charged off a few months ago. I have the money to pay it now. I...
July 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I am a graduate student with no income. I have a car payment that hasn't been paid in two months, and now they want to repossess it. I...
July 11, 2017
Dear Experian, I had student loans in default that have now been consolidated and brought current through another company earlier this year. All student loans are still reporting as...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported