February 28, 2017
Dear Experian, My mother offered to pay off my private student loans. The account is in good standing, but I am negotiating to pay an amount less than the...
August 11, 2016
Dear Experian, I settled and closed a delinquent account almost five years ago and the creditor is still reporting. How can they do that if the account is closed?...
April 9, 2015
Dear Experian, I traded in a car and the dealership paid the remainder of the account balance. When will the account show on my credit report as paid in...
August 7, 2014
Dear Experian, How can an account I paid off and closed still be on my report? It has been there since 2008. - CBH
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, I have an unsecured loan of $10,000 and the loan company has offered me a settlement of $5,000. It I take this settlement, will it affect my credit...
January 16, 2013
Dear Experian, If an account is paid off/closed, settled, or charged off, why would it still be showing as potentially negative? Is there any way to get these removed so...
December 7, 2011
Dear Experian, Does it hurt my credit score if I settle my account? - EWH
August 3, 2011
Dear Experian, How frequently is one's credit record updated? If I paid off an old debt and want my credit report to reflect a $0.00 balance, how long does it...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders