Experian® recently released the 2015 State of Credit report, which analyzes key credit metrics across the nation. Some year-over-year highlights:
- The national average VantageScore® credit score increased by 3 points, from 666 to 669
- Mortgage originations increased by 42.5%
- Bankcard lending increased slightly, with the average number of bankcards up 2.8%
- Retail cards continued to grow, with a 10.8% increase in new card originations
- Delinquencies on bankcards and retail cards declined by 4.4%
Lenders can capitalize on this growth trend by staying on top of the latest credit trends and using advanced analytics to increase profitability.
>> Infographic: What Is Your State of Credit?
VantageScore® is a registered trademark of VantageScore Solutions, LLC.