December 20, 2016
Dear Experian, I want to help my son build his credit. Is cosigning for a car loan a smart way to do it? Cash flow is not an issue,...
July 13, 2016
Dear Experian, I currently have no credit. Not bad credit, no credit. I am interested in purchasing a new vehicle and a family member has offered to cosign. However, we've...
September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, I cosigned a loan with my son. He is not making payments, and it will be turned over to a collection agency soon. Other than this circumstance I...
August 23, 2013
Dear Experian, I am wondering about the difference in liability between a cosigner and an authorized user on a credit card. I understand that if I am a cosigner on...
July 31, 2013
Dear Experian, If I cosigned for a student loan, will the loan balance show on my credit report, or it will only show on the student’s credit report? - CSY
November 9, 2011
Dear Experian, I co-signed my son’s auto loan. He was over 30 days late on one payment. Why should that impact my credit score when I was never notified by...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score