Consumers are demanding faster, more agile mobile transactions and you need to be sure you are executing identity verification and fraud detection to protect your business from risk.
Experian’s Multifactor Authentication, or one-time-password (OTP) solution is a two-factor authentication service that you can add to your current authentication process without causing customer friction. With this additional layer of identity verification, you can increase your pass rates, implement phone intelligence checks to ensure you are reaching the right consumer for authentication, and add security to risky or high value transactions.
Multifactor authentication can help you
- A layered multifactored approach provides a high level of identity confidence while still reducing friction
- Phone intelligence checks increase confidence that message is reaching the right consumer
- Add additional security measures to high value or high risk transactions
- Enhance your current authentication processes and increase pass rates
- If your OTP transaction is not successful, you may have the option to automatically default to additional authentication methods like knowledge-based authentication
How it works
Experian will create a unique OTP for each consumer transaction –or client can chose to provide Experian with a custom OTP they want delivered
Verify that the phone number provided by the consumer can be linked to that consumer. We also validate other phone attributes, such as porting, forwarding, account tenure and contract type
Global coverage: delivery to more than 200 countries and territories and support for 87 languages
OTP can be sent via SMS or Voice Message. Voice message options include: advanced voice routing and repeat playback of verification code
Client can choose to have Experian generate unique One-Time Password (OTP) for each transaction or pass along client created OTP for use
If OTP fails or cannot be attempted, allows for automatic default to other authentication services for further authentication