Let Us Help - Contact Us
Learn how Trend ViewSM can help you retain profitable accounts and identify the best new customers.
Call us at 1 888 414 1120
Product Sheet Download
Experian's Trended Solutions
Unlock the power of historical credit data
White Paper Download
Trends in Portfolio Management
Learn how changes in the economy have impacted consumer credit behavior, and what risk managers should examine more closely to determine their portfolio strategies.
Learn More About
- Consumer Information Services
Take advantage of exclusive insights from Experian's industry experts
Join the Discussion
Hear from our experts and share your views.
Dispute Your Credit Report Information
Resolve reporting errors by disputing information on a personal or business credit report.
Give your customers credit for their history
Attracting and retaining profitable customers is a challenge in today’s competitive credit card market. Understanding a consumer’s past behavior is crucial to developing a strategy for the future. With Trend ViewSM from Experian, you can make the most appropriate — and profitable — offers to customers and prospects at precisely the right time.
- Rate surfer — transfers balances from one credit card to another
- Revolver — carries a credit card balance from month to month
- Transactor — pays the entire or majority of credit card balance every month
- Consolidator — transfers multiple credit card balances to one credit card or consolidation loan
- Nonactivator — never uses credit card or only uses it once
- Seasonal user — uses cards at specific times of the year
Trend View unlocks the power of trending to help you progress from mass marketing to one-on-one target marketing. It provides unprecedented insight into the credit card usage patterns of your customers and prospects by appending revolutionary new attributes to your account review and acquisition campaigns.
Trend View examines 24 months of credit card balance history at the tradeline level from Experian’s File OneSM database to analyze usage patterns and identify the following consumer behaviors:
Use this insight to:
- Avoid consumers who are likely to transfer their balances before you reach your breakeven point
- Maximize profitability by targeting consumers who will activate and revolve balances
- Build relationships with transactors by offering your best rewards products
Features and Benefits
Trend View can be calculated to include information across all accounts, or it can be customized by including or excluding your accounts.
By knowing how customers or prospects have historically used credit, you can:
- Reduce attrition and build customer loyalty
- Increase the response rate and profitability of your credit offers
- Reduce churn rate by evaluating prospects before you solicit them
Unique, Turnkey Capability
Trend View does not rely on data warehouse snapshots. With Trend View, Experian® stores 24 months of balance and credit limit history in a manner that fully complies with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. To you, that means:
- Saving time and expense — There is no need to maintain a large data warehouse or match monthly updates on a database
- Improved accuracy — Data reflects subscriber and consumer updates; monthly information is tied directly to the trade, eliminating matching problems
- Timely information — Data is stored by the date it was received, so late entries are not lost
Trend View Attributes
Trend View attributes provide the detailed information behind a customer’s credit usage behavior.
Rate surfer attributes
The Rate Surfer attributes can identify how frequently a consumer transfers balances as well as the average amount of those transfers.
Revolver attributes reveal how many trades lines have revolving balances, how long a consumer has carried a balance on a trade, and the amount of debt a consumer revolves.
Transactors attributes identify the number of accounts where a consumer is paying off the balance and the average balances on those trade lines.
Consolidators transfer their credit card balances from two or more cards to just one loan – either another credit card, a consolidation line of credit or a 2nd mortgage. These attributes show the frequency and the amount of consolidation activity.
Nonactivators Nonactivators open credit card tradelines but do not use them, or use them only once. The attributes count the number of never-activated and dropped accounts (accounts used once and then never used again.
Seasonal user attributes
These attributes identify the peaks and valleys in usage across a consumer’s credit cards. The attributes can tell you at what time of year a consumer will primarily use credit.
Trend View at the ZIP+4TM level
A recent enhancement to Trend View allows attributes to be aggregated at the ZIP+4 level, enabling card issuers to extend an invitation to apply rather than make a firm offer of credit. ZIP+4 allows credit issuers to target a group of consumers without logging an inquiry to their credit file.
Experian's Trended SolutionsSM
Understanding consumers’ past behavior is crucial to understanding their credit preferences and their potential risks and for developing a strategy for the future. Enhance the profitability of your portfolio with the power of Trended Solutions.
Explore more of Experian's Trended Solutions:
- Experian TAPS (Total Annual Plastic Spend)
Know your customers' spend on all general purpose credit and charge cards over the last 12 months.
- Short-Term Attributes
Unlock the power of trended data and make the most appropriate — and profitable — offers to customers and prospects at precisely the right time.
- Quest Line Management Attributes
Capture revolving debt and utilization changes over the past three, six and nine months.