Supplier Travel Policy
EXPENSES WHICH DEVIATE FROM THIS POLICY WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED UNLESS EXPERIAN HAS APPROVED SUCH EXCEPTIONS IN WRITING.
It is the policy of Experian to reimburse individuals for actual and reasonable expenses incurred when traveling on Experian business. In the event travel is required and approved by Experian, reasonable and necessary travel related expenses incurred in and related to the fulfillment of the Services will be reimbursed as follows:
All travel expenses shall be submitted to Experian for reimbursement within 60 days of the actual expense or final billing of for the Services, whichever is earlier.
Transportation – Air Travel
- Supplier will make a reasonable effort to book reservations at least 7 - 21 days in advance of travel whenever possible in order to take advantage of lower airfares available with advance purchases.
- Supplier will use “coach” or “economy” accommodations for all travel and are required to select the lowest usable far (“LUF”) which allows Supplier to achieve Experian’s business objectives. Lowest Usable Fare is defined as the lowest available fare on flights which depart or arrive within a one hour time period before or after the traveler's required departure or arrival time. An explanation must be provided by the Supplier to Experian upon submission of reimbursement if the actual fare used exceeds the LUF. If the fare difference is $250 or more, Supplier must get verbal or written approval from the Experian sponsoring department prior to ticketing or the difference will not be reimbursed. Upgrades using frequent flyer miles or upgrade stickers are allowed only if upgrade is at no additional cost to Experian.
- Non-refundable tickets should be utilized when it is sensible to do so. Non-refundable tickets and/or applicable change fees will not be reimbursed if a trip is changed or canceled and the ticket cannot be re-used for Experian-related business. Lost ticket application fees will not be reimbursed. Charges for travel insurance shall not be reimbursed.
- Movies purchased during air travel will not be reimbursed.
- In-flight phone calls will not be reimbursed unless extraordinary circumstances exist.
Meals, Hotel, and Ground Transportation
- Time spent in travel shall not be deemed to be compensable time. Suppliers shall only be compensated for actual time worked.
- Reimbursement for the business use of a personal automobile will be at the current rate published by the Internal Revenue Service. This reimbursement will not exceed the amount that the traveler would have spent had air travel been used (including appropriate ground transportation from point of origin to destination). A quote of the lowest logical airfare must be obtained from the Experian designated travel agency, and should accompany the reimbursement request.
- Supplier should utilize the most cost-effective mode of transportation for the destination. Ground transportation will be reimbursed for shuttle, bus, taxi or car rental subject to this Policy. Commercial shuttle services or hotel transportation to and from the airport should be used whenever possible. Taxi services should be used only if such other transportation is not available, not reasonable or in emergency situations. Use of chauffeured automobiles (town cars, limousines) will not be reimbursed.
- Suppliers are required to obtain the most economical intermediate or small sized rental cars. Upgrades to full size cars are allowed when three or more supplier employees are traveling together in the same vehicle. Before using rental cars, consideration should be given to the use of free courtesy service, shuttles or taxi service between airports and places of business. Travelers should refuel the car before returning the car to the rental agency. Supplier’s car insurance applies. It is Supplier’s responsibility to obtain and maintain appropriate levels of auto insurance. Experian will not reimburse for any auto insurance costs. Parking, cab, gas and toll expenses will be reimbursed to the extent that they are necessary and reasonable. Fines for parking, traffic violations or towing charges will not be reimbursed.
- Lodging – Subject to the limits specified herein, Experian will reimburse reasonable lodging expenses actually incurred. However, lodging expenses shall not be reimbursed at a rate greater than the prevailing commercial rates in effect within a reasonable distance from the destination location. Suppliers are to stay in standard rooms. Upgrades to higher level rooms are permitted provided there is no additional cost to Experian. No-show charges incurred by failing to cancel unused hotel reservations will not be reimbursed.
- Out-of-pocket costs of meals, including tax and tip, shall not exceed a maximum of U.S. sixty dollars ($60) per day. Alcohol and other expenses of a personal nature (e.g. shop purchases, sundry items, toiletries, hotel movies etc.) shall not be reimbursed and all amounts and taxes for such purchases shall be deducted by Supplier from any reimbursement requests or invoices presented to Experian. If a hotel is utilized that offers free breakfast, additional breakfast expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Other Expenses. All other expenses should be discussed with and authorized by the Experian representative responsible for reimbursing the expenses in writing prior to incurring such expenses. Otherwise these expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Local Travel. Experian shall have no responsibility to reimburse any local travel expenses. For the purposes of this policy, the term “local” shall mean a location within a fifty (50) mile radius of Supplier’s residence or office.
- Spousal/partner travel costs will not be reimbursed.