Winning with data reporting
For us, it’s all about promoting a healthy credit eco-system for everyone.
Reporting consumer data to credit bureaus is essential for your customers to reach their financial goals and imperative for you to grow your business. By reporting credit data to Experian, you can:
- Reduce risky lending decisions – With access to more comprehensive credit data, lenders have a more accurate picture of a consumer’s behavior and can make more informed – and less risky – decisions.
- Minimize delinquencies and collections – Other credit grantors may offer credit to your customer, not knowing that the customer already has an obligation to you. This may result in your customer getting over-extended and negatively impact their ability to pay you.
- Increase on-time payments and collect bad debt – When customers know that their lenders report, they are more likely to pay on time. You can also encourage late payers to resolve outstanding debts before delinquency affects their credit.
- Improve your customers’ experiences and cross-sell – By reporting positive data about your customers, you can reward good behavior and extend additional credit for other products and services.
- Align with regulatory expectations and industry best practices – While credit data reporting is voluntary, you can align with regulatory priorities and best practices to help and protect the consumer throughout their financial journey.
Get Started Today
Reporting credit data to Experian is fast, simple and easy – and we’ll help you every step of the way.
To start reporting consumer credit data to Experian, download our membership contractual documents for consideration. The membership application includes:
- Data Reporting Membership Application (with Head Designate section for Experian Internet solutions)
- Data Release Agreement
- Subscriber Questionnaire Document
Once your documents are complete, please submit your Membership application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with answers to the following questions:
- How are you planning to send your data file?
- Using an external Data processing company? If yes, which company?
- Will your team send the files directly to Experian? If yes, please attach with your application.
- How many accounts/records do you have to report?
- Are you an e-OSCAR user?
- Additional information about e-OSCAR and associated costs can be found at e-oscar.org or call 1-866-696-7227
- Do you have a timeline to start reporting?
For information on how and why to report property rental data, please visit Experian’s RentBureau at http://www.experian.com/rentbureau or call 1-877-704-4520 to learn more.
For information on Experian’s Business Data Reporting Program, please visit http://www.experian.com/datareportingbusiness
Get More Information
The form below is for requests from businesses only.
If you are a consumer looking for fast resolution to your consumer credit questions, please visit our Personal Services Contacts page.