Financial Accessibility: Increasing Credit Literacy and Tips to Help Improve Scores
Join our #CreditChat on Periscope, YouTube Live, Twitter, and Snapchat every Wednesday at 3 p.m ET. This week, we talked about ways to spread credit literacy and tips to help improve scores.
The panel included: LendUp; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian; and Christina Roman: Social Media Specialist at Experian.
We also featured financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: Why is it important to know and pay attention to your credit score?
- Q2: What does it mean to have a subprime credit score?
- Q3: How does a poor credit score impact your financial future?
- Q4: Other than poor planning or mismanagement of your finances, what are some other reasons someone might find themselves dealing with unmanageable debt and poor credit?
- Q5: What should you do if you discover that your credit score falls in the subprime category?
- Q6: What financial options are available for someone with subprime credit?
- Q7: How can someone with a poor credit score begin to rebuild?
- Q8: A recent study with LendUp highlighted the impact of reporting alternative credit data in a subprime borrower’s file. Do you think it had a positive or negative impact?
- Q9: What are common misconceptions about credit scores that can keep people in the red?
- Q10: Where can someone turn if they feel overwhelmed by their debt or their credit?
- Q11: Any final tips for someone with a subprime credit score?
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: