We are delighted to celebrate Pride Month this June, and to mark the progress we are making to support our LGBTQ+ colleagues and communities around the world. A few of our milestones this year include:
- The addition of trans-inclusive healthcare to our UK and U.S. employee benefit packages.
- Receiving a Silver Award from Stonewall for our commitment to inclusion of LGBTQ people in the workplace.
- The continued use of our partnerships with Mermaids, Switchboard and Terrence Higgins Trust (THT) to provide resources, offer workshops and support campaigns that raise awareness of the discrimination faced by the community worldwide.
- Becoming a signatory of the Brazil Corporate Forum for LGBTQA+ companies.
- Participating in the first diverse talent recruitment fair organised by the Colombian LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
- Achieving a 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in the U.S., and being designated a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality for the fourth consecutive year.
- Providing a process to assist trans and non-binary consumers with name changes to their Experian credit reports.
Throughout the month, employee groups across our regions are hosting events that support our LGBTQ+ employees in their careers, that educate and inform allyship inside our business, and which help accelerate our ambition of delivering tools and services that create better financial health in the community.
And yet, while we celebrate, we recognise that the LGBTQ+ community still faces many forms of discrimination around the world. We will continue to look for opportunities to support our Experian colleagues and customers who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and to listen to those with lived experiences, so that we can better understand the role we can play in creating a better tomorrow and a stronger organisation – for everyone.