Money-Saving Holiday Travel Tips
Join our #CreditChat on Periscope, YouTube Live, Twitter, and Snapchat every Wednesday at 3 p.m ET. In this chat, we talked about how to save money on your Holiday travels.
The panel included: Jennifer Jackson: Millennial Transition Coach | ADLT 101; Tracie Miller Nobles: CPA, Associate Professor at Austin Community College and member of the AICPA’s National CPA Financial Literacy Commission; Shannon McNay: Writer for Student Loan Hero; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian; and Christina Roman: Social Media Specialist at Experian.
We also featured financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: What items should be factored into a holiday travel budget?
- Q2: What factors should you consider when choosing the least expensive mode of transportation during the holidays?
- Q3: What is the best way to save on flights during the holiday season?
- Q4: What are your top money-saving tips for road trips?
- Q5: When traveling for the holidays, how do you save on transporting gifts?
- Q6: How can you save on lodging during your stay?
- Q7: How can you plan for the unexpected when it comes to holiday travel?
- Q8: How can you save on pet sitting or house sitting when you are traveling?
- Q9: How do you plan ahead/budget for activities when traveling?
- Q10: What is your top holiday travel saving hack?
View the Complete Chat via Storify:
11 Ways to Save Money on Holiday Travel via Wisebread
Holiday Travel Hacks That Will Save Your Sanity via Wisebread
Fighting Holiday Identity Theft: Travel and More via Ask Experian
Infographic: Identity Protection While Traveling via Ask Experian
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: