Our weekly #CreditChat started in 2012 to help our community learn about credit and important personal finance topics (e.g. saving money, paying down debt, improving credit scores). Each chat is hosted by @Experian on Twitter and all are welcome to participate. DM us any questions.
This week, we will be talking about ways to save more money.
Topic: America Saves Week: Simple Ways to Save Even More Money
When: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET.
The panel will include America Saves; Beverly Harzog: Credit Card Expert and Consumer Finance Analyst for U.S. News; Lawrence D. Sprung: CFP® President of Mitlin Financial, Inc.; Take Charge America; Leslie H. Tayne, Esq: Founder and Managing Director of Tayne Law Group, P.C. (f/k/a The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C.).; Kembala Evans: Personal Finance Expert; Rod Griffin: Senior Director, Consumer Education and Advocacy, Experian; Christina Roman: Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at Experian.
Enter here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! Make sure to tweet out this page with the #CreditChat hashtag. We will be announcing a winner at the end of the chat. Entry Period: Raffle open now and closes at the end of this chat at 4 p.m. ET. Complete rules here.
1. Why is it important to save money?
2. What are some important saving goals to have?
3. How much money should you save for emergencies?
4. What are some steps you can take to make saving money easy?
5. How can you save on your monthly bills?
6. What are some everyday changes you can make to save money each month?
7. What are some activities that lead to impulse spending, which could deter your saving goals?
8. How do good savings habits affect your credit worthiness?
9. What should you do if you are currently struggling to save money?
10. What final tips do you have for those who are trying to prioritize saving money?
Questions for this chat will be listed here soon.
Check out our complete list of upcoming personal finance Twitter chats here.