Our weekly #CreditChat started in 2012 to help our community learn about credit and important personal finance topics (e.g. saving money, paying down debt, improving credit scores). Each chat is hosted by @Experian on Twitter and all are welcome to participate. DM us any questions.
This week, we’ll discuss budgeting to get ahead of the holiday season.
Topic: Planning Ahead: How to Prep Your Holiday Budget
When: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET.
Where: Join the live hashtag discussion.
The panel will include Leslie H. Tayne, Esq: Founder and Managing Director of Tayne Law Group, P.C. (f/k/a The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C.); Patrina Dixon: Personal Finance Expert and Author, It’$ My Money; Beverly Harzog: Credit Card Expert and Consumer Finance Analyst for U.S. News; Lawrence D. Sprung: CFP® President of Mitlin Financial, Inc.; Rod Griffin: Senior Director, Consumer Education and Advocacy, Experian and Christina Roman: Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at Experian.
Enter here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! We will be announcing a winner at the end of the chat. Entry Period: Raffle open now and closes at the end of this chat at 4 p.m. ET. Complete rules here.
1. Why is it important to start planning your holiday budget well in advance?
2. What items should you factor into your holiday budget?
3. If you feel comfortable traveling this year, how do you save on the cost of holiday travel?
4. If you’re traveling, how do you get gifts to your family on a budget?
5. What budget considerations should you have if you are celebrating the holidays virtually with family?
6. How can you use credit to help you manage your holiday spending without taking on debt?
7. What are some frugal holiday activities you can budget for and enjoy with the family?
8. What advice do you have for those who are struggling with their finances as we head into the holidays?
9. How can you set spending boundaries with friends and family during the holidays?
10. How does budgeting early for the holidays prevent a New Year debt disaster?
Check out our complete list of upcoming personal finance Twitter chats here.