Did you know that April is the official month for promoting financial literacy?
Being aware of your credit and where you stand is important all year long, but the next 30 days will be dedicated specifically to educating consumers on all aspects of personal finance from managing your credit, paying off debt and saving for your first home or child’s secondary education to how to invest and plan well for retirement.
We know how these topics can be overwhelming and intimidating. It’s one of the reasons that our weekly #CreditChat on twitter and Ask Experian column focuses on these subjects all year round. We want to give consumers the right resources and access to experts in an effort to help consumers change their financial behavior – that is part of our commitment.
Join us all month long in our special Google+ hangouts, tweet chats (#CreditChat), and visit our blog for some exciting new resources created just for you!
- April 2 – #CreditChat with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- April 4 – Google+ Hangout Q&A with Rod Griffin
- April 9 – #Creditchat with the Financial Literacy Congressional Caucus
- April 11 – Google+ Hangout Q&A with Rod Griffin and Becky Frost
- April 16 – #CreditChat with the National Jump$tart Coalition
- April 18 – Google+ Hangout Q&A with Maxine Sweet and Rod Griffin
- April 23 – #CreditChat with Betterment
- April 25 – Google+ Hangout Q&A with Maxine Sweet and Rod Griffin
- April 29 – Google+ Hangout Q&A with the National Jump$tart Coalition
- April 30 – #CreditChat with AARP