Our weekly #CreditChat started in 2012 to help our community learn about credit and important personal finance topics (e.g. saving money, paying down debt, improving credit scores). Each chat is hosted by @Experian on Twitter and all are welcome to participate. DM us any questions.
This #CreditChat will go over common credit questions we receive on social media!
Topic: Answering Your Common Credit Questions From Social Media
When: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 3 p.m. ET.
Where: Join the live hashtag discussion
Our panel will include: Leslie H. Tayne, Esq: Founder and Managing Director of Tayne Law Group, P.C. (f/k/a The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C.); Beverly Harzog: Credit Card Expert and Consumer Finance Analyst for U.S. News; Rod Griffin: Senior Director, Consumer Education and Advocacy, Experian and Christina Roman: Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at Experian.
Gift Card Giveaway
Enter here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! We will be announcing a winner at the end of the chat. Entry Period: Raffle open now and closes at the end of this chat at 4 p.m. ET. Complete rules here.
Questions we will discuss:
1. Do secured credit cards work to build credit?
2. What are some other ways to build credit and help my credit score?
3. Does closing a credit card help or hurt your credit score?
4. Does everyone start at 850 when building credit?
5. What are the biggest factors that impact your credit score?
6. Is it true that checking your credit score can hurt you?
7. If I’m a cosigner, does a late payment show up on my credit report?
8. Is it hard to build credit after bankruptcy?
9. I’m trying to rebuild my credit to buy a house. Do you have any tips?
10. Will creditors remove late payments if I settle?
Check out our complete list of upcoming personal finance Twitter chats here.