Seeking Financial Advice
Enter below for a chance to win a $25 gift card!
Join our #CreditChat on Twitter on Wednesday, April 17th, at 3 p.m ET. This week, we’re talking about seeking financial advice.
Topic: Seeking Financial Advice
When: April 17th, 2019, at 3 p.m. ET.
Easy ways to chat with us on Twitter: Tchat
The panel will include: Rod Griffin: Director of Consumer Education and Awareness at Experian; Justin Scott-Wesley: Financial Advisor; Ian Wild, CFP®: Financial Advisor at HBKS Wealth Advisors; Diahann W. Lassus, CFP®, CPA/PFS: President, Chief Investment Officer, Lassus Wherley; and David Rae CFP®: President/Founder, DRM Wealth Management LLC.
- Q1: Where can you get free financial advice?
- Q2: When should you hire a financial advisor?
- Q3: What kind of services do financial advisors provide?
- Q4: What’s the difference between a financial planner and a financial advisor?
- Q5: How much does a financial advisor cost?
- Q6: What is a fiduciary?
- Q7: What should you consider when choosing an advisor?
- Q8: How should you prepare for a meeting with a financial advisor?
- Q9: What are some questions you should ask your financial advisor?
- Q10: Any final tips on seeking financial advice?
Credit Chat Sweepstakes
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Participants have a chance to win one of two (2) $25 gift cards! To enter, read our terms and conditions below, then complete these tasks:
OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD ONLY. The Experian Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Experian Information Solutions, Inc. (“Sponsor”), an Experian company.1) General: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (1) you have read and understand the Official Rules; (2) you meet the Sweepstakes eligibility requirements as explained in the Official Rules; (3) you unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. An entrant’s failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.2) Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to natural persons who are legal residents of the U.S., 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor and its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, licensors, licensees, successors and assigns, and advertising and promotion agencies (together, the “Sponsor Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of any of the foregoing, are not eligible. Entrants must have a valid Rafflecopter and Twitter account (or valid e-mail account, for the alternate method of entry described below) to enter. If you do not have a Rafflecopter or Twitter account and you would like to create one for free, visit http://rafflecopter.com or www.twitter.com, respectively, for more details. Registration for and use of Rafflecopter or Twitter is subject to the Rafflecopter and Twitter terms and conditions, respectively. Sponsor Entities have no responsibility with respect to such registration or use. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Rafflecopter or Twitter. 3) Entry Period: Sweepstakes opens 17, April, 2019 at 3:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes 17, April, 2019 at 4:00 pm ET (“Entry Period”). All times to be determined by Sponsor’s clock. 4) How to Enter: You may enter the sweepstakes in one (1) of the following (2) ways:
- Twitter Entry: During the Entry Period, submit your name on Rafflecopter and complete the following tasks: (1) follow Experian on Twitter (Twitter handle: @Experian_US); and (2) participate in the #CreditChat on Twitter with the hashtag: #CreditChat.
- E-mail Entry (Alternate Method of Entry): To enter via email, you must send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Credit Boost Sweepstakes” as the subject of your message and include your full name, date of birth, email address and ten-digit daytime telephone number in the body of the e-mail.
Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. If an entrant makes or attempts to make multiple entries during any day, week or month of the Entry Period, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all entries made by any such entrant. Use of automated devices and/or third party entry services to enter, and entering by any other means which subvert the entry process, is prohibited. Entrants are responsible for any online or other charges incurred with any Internet service provider and/or wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Wireless services may not be available in all areas. Check your device’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for late, lost, garbled or misdirected entries or any computer or human error. Incomplete or illegible entries are ineligible. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the Twitter account, Rafflecopter account or email account from which the entry is made. Each entrant may enter using only one (1) account. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder at time of entry. To be eligible, an entry via Rafflecopter must comply with the following restrictions:
- Any text you submit (the “Online Submission”) must be your own original creation and must not have been previously submitted or published in connection with any other contest or sweepstakes. In addition, your Online Submission must not infringe any rights of publicity, copyrights, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights, or any third-party rights.
- You acknowledge and agree that your Online Submission will be disqualified if it contains any material that is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous, violates any laws or otherwise contain images and/or text which Sponsor in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable.