Our weekly #CreditChat started in 2012 to help our community learn about credit and important personal finance topics (e.g. saving money, paying down debt, improving credit scores). Each chat is hosted by @Experian on Twitter and all are welcome to participate. DM us any questions.
It’s that time again! Back-to-school sales are in full swing, and parents are looking for the best deals on school supplies. Tune into this week’s chat for money-saving tips.
Topic: Preparing Your Budget for Back-to-School Shopping
When: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 3 p.m. ET.
Where: Join the live hashtag discussion
The panel will include Leslie H. Tayne, Esq: Founder and Managing Director of Tayne Law Group, P.C. (f/k/a The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C.); Beverly Harzog: Credit Card Expert and Consumer Finance Analyst for U.S. News; Rod Griffin: Senior Director, Consumer Education and Advocacy, Experian and Christina Roman: Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at Experian.
Gift Card Giveaway
Enter here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! We will be announcing a winner at the end of the chat. Entry Period: Raffle open now and closes at the end of this chat at 4 p.m. ET. Complete rules here.
Questions we will discuss:
1. When do you normally start your back-to-school shopping?
2. How do you determine your back-to-school shopping budget?
3. What are some tips for saving on back-to-school supplies?
4. What are some tips for saving on school clothing?
5. What are some ways to find the best deals on back-to-school shopping?
6. What are some items you can wait to purchase until after school starts?
7. What should you know about paying for your school supplies with a credit card?
8. What are options if you are struggling to afford school supplies this year?
9. What are some ways to score school supplies without having to spend anything?
10. What are some final tips for preparing your budget for back-to-school shopping?
Check out our complete list of upcoming personal finance Twitter chats here.