Rental History Analysis
Risk versus reward: identifying the highest-quality resident using rental payment history
Learn about the risk posed by renters and the most effective screening metrics to employ in order to avoid lost revenues from risky residents.
In The News
- The Wall Street Journal: For 'Credit Invisibles,' A Market Takes Shape
- Multifamily Executive: Big Data, Big Ideas
- SunSentinel: Pay your rent on time? It may improve your credit score
- UNITS Magazine: Paying Rent Through Direct Deposit Program Benefits Residents, Owners
- Multifamily Executive: Caught in the Act
- UNITS Magazine: Smart & Safe
- PropertyManager.com: Importance of Rental Payment History
- Multifamily Executive: Cross Check
- UNITS Magazine: Counting on Collections
- Multifamily Executive: Durbin Does Debt - Dodd Frank Amendment Saves Multifamily Some Dough
- Multifamily Executive: Full Body Scan
- Multifamily Executive: Apartment Credit Screeners Improving Rental History Data Sets
- Experian RentBureau to present rental payment history data session at National Apartment Association 2013 Education Conference and Expo
- Experian Continues its Commitment to U.S. Renters by Expanding Options for Building Credit History Through On-Time Rental Payments
- Experian RentBureau to Receive Rental Payment History Data from Riverstone Residential Group
- Experian Provides Renters with an Opportunity to Build Credit History Through New Collaboration with ClearNow
- AppFolio Announces Collaboration with Experian RentBureau Offering Clients Access to Rental Payment History Data to Enable Smarter Leasing Decisions
- Experian Becomes The First And Only Major Credit Reporting Agency To Include Residential Rental Payment Data In Credit Reports
- Experian Acquires RentBureau Multifamily Division
CNN’s The Situation Room reports that Experian is now including residential rental payment information and rental history on its credit reports.
Upcoming Events – Come See Us
NAA Student Housing Conf & Expo
March 3-5, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
Visit us at Booth #504
NAA Education Conf & Expo
June 18-21, 2014 Denver, CO
Visit us at Booth #1620
Contributing Rental Payment Data to Experian RentBureau
Share your rental payment data and reduce your risk
Reducing bad-debt is an advantage for many property management companies that report their rental payment data to Experian RentBureau. Since risk is a part of business, companies like yours are continuously searching for new ways to identify risky residents and accept more good residents at the point of application. By contributing your rental payment data to Experian RentBureau, you can reduce the risk of skips, bad checks, evictions and property damage. In addition, because positive rental payment data may now be included on Experian credit reports, you have the unique opportunity to set your property apart by helping your residents establish or rebuild their credit.
“By including residents’ rental history on their credit reports, Experian RentBureau helps our responsible residents build their credit history. These are the type of customers every business wants. Alco is glad that our partnership with Experian RentBureau has helped attract and retain such residents.”
Michael Johnson, EVP Alco Management, Inc.
Benefits of Sharing Your Data
- Improve bad-debt recovery — Report write off/bad-debt balances to prevent residents from getting a new lease at another property without satisfying their debt obligation to you
- Reduce skips — Provide lease begin and end dates to help identify those applicants who are in an existing lease and attempting to skip
- Allow residents to establish or rebuild credit — Contribute both positive and negative rental payment data to enable your residents to qualify for other credit products
- Increase occupancy — Share your data to attract more applicants who are interested in building their credit through continuous on-time rental payments
- Encourage on-time payments — Report your residents' rental histories to create a meaningful credit incentive for them to pay on-time
- Adhere to Fair Housing requirements — Automatically transmit data directly from your property management software to reduce human intervention and eliminate the risk of providing subjective or biased data
Unlock the Power of Rental Payment Data
Risk is inevitable in today’s property management business, but by sharing your resident payment information with Experian RentBureau, you can help reduce the amount of risk that your company and others in the industry face. Once you share your resident payment data with Experian RentBureau, that information is immediately available through our resident screening partners. And when other property managers are able to incorporate your data into their screening process, everyone benefits, including you.
Sharing Your Data is Easy
The process is quick and seamless, and Experian® RentBureau® does not charge to report your resident payment data. After initial setup, data is securely transmitted direct from your property management software without any modification to existing software or any impact to operations. Data is compressed and encrypted (256-bit encryption) prior to transmission through a certificate-protected Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection.
Request More Information
If you are a property management company with 500 or more units and would like to join the growing network of companies like yours currently contributing their rental payment data to Experian RentBureau, call us at 1 888 779 9155 or complete the form below to learn more.
If you are an individual landlord or independent rental owner, please click here for more information on how you can report your rental payment data to Experian RentBureau.