How to Throw a Great Holiday Party on a Budget
Join our #CreditChat on Periscope, YouTube Live, Twitter, and Snapchat every Wednesday at 3 p.m ET. In this chat, we talked about ways to throw a holiday party while staying on a budget.
The panel included Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian; and Christina Roman: Social Media Specialist at Experian.
We also featured financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: When planning a holiday party what should you consider and budget for?
- Q2: What are some simple ways to make your holiday parties cost-effective?
- Q3: How can you save on decorations for your holiday party?
- Q4: How can you help yourself and your guests save on their outfits for your party?
- Q5: What are some simple ways to save on food?
- Q6: How can you save on drinks and spirits?
- Q7: What are some inexpensive ways to entertain your guests?
- Q8: What is your strategy to save on gift-giving at holiday parties?
- Q9: What are some financial mistakes to avoid when hosting a holiday party?
- Q10: Any final tips for someone throwing a holiday party?
5 Ways to Throw an Awesome Holiday Party on a Budget
1. Make sure your holiday party budget is a part of your overall holiday budget.
2. DIY your decorations or shop at the local dollar store for some festive decorations.
3. Use your own plates, silverware and glasses to save and reduce trash.
4. Save on the cost of food by hosting a themed party like a dessert or cookie party.
5. Host a white elephant gift exchange to make gift-giving less stressful.
You Can Throw a Fun and Affordable Holiday Party – Here’s How
Holiday Budget for the Win
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: