Money-Smart Tips for First-Time Home Buyers
Join our #CreditChat on Periscope, YouTube Live, Twitter, and Snapchat on Wednesday, June 28 at 3 p.m ET. In this chat, we discussed smart financial tips for first-time home buyers.
The panel included: Go Banking Rates; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian; and Christina Roman: Social Media Specialist at Experian.
We’re also featuring financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Questions We’ll Discuss:
- Q1: What questions should a potential first-time homebuyer ask themselves to gauge their financial readiness?
- Q2: What market indicators should you be aware of prior to purchasing a home?
- Q3: Should you get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan? What are some best practices?
- Q4: What additional costs should you consider when purchasing a home?
- Q5: Outside of the cost of mortgage, what factors should you research when considering purchasing a home?
- Q6: What role does credit play in the home-buying process? When should we review our credit reports?
- Q7: How do you find a great realtor? Any warning signs you should watch for?
- Q8: Are there any special benefits for first-time homebuyers?
- Q9: What are some common mistakes first-time homebuyers make?
- Q10: Any final tips for first-time homebuyers?
View all of the Tips Shared via Storify:
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: